Chapter 18: Forbidden

A/n: Can we just take some time to appreciate that meme^^cuz it's probably one of the best Maze Runner memes ever😭🤚

Newt's Pov

I'm woken up by Olivia screaming. Most of the other Gladers and I rush to her hut. We're about to go in, when we hear someone shouting at her to wake up.

"Everyone stay outside" I command. "We don't want to spook her" Everyone listens to me.

Not long after, Olivia and Gally walk out of her hut.

"What happened?" I ask, approaching them and placing a reassuring hand on Liv's arm.

"I just had a nightmare" Olivia says.

"Yeah we got that" I laugh. "What was it about?"

"Gr-Grievers" she says. A part of me is nagging at me, telling me she's lying, but I decide to leave it for tonight.

Olivia's Pov

When everyone has left, Gally takes me back inside and lies down next to me again.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Gally asks me.

I nod and tell him everything, sparing no detail, no matter how much I thought it was irrelevant.

"What was on the files Liv?" he asks, while pulling me closer to him.

"I don't know. It was completely blurred and it was the same for whatever I was writing down. Anything that could be useful is never shown!" I let out a frustrated sigh.

"Hey, it's ok. But you do realise that we knew each other before the Maze? That's good, isn't it?" I smile at Gally's attempt to cheer me up. He's right. It is good.

"We were even dating before the Maze" I smile, taking comfort in that one fact. If we can be together, then have our memories wiped, thrown into a Maze full of dangerous creatures with seemingly no way out and still fall for each other all over again, then surely we're meant to be?

"What are you thinking about? You're smiling" Gally caresses my cheek with his thumb.

"Nothing much" I giggle. I don't want to scare him off by telling him what was going through my mind.

"Didn't seem like nothing, Liv. Whatever it is, it's cheering you up"

"Night, Gally" I say, pecking his lips.

"Night"

I snuggle into him and feel instantly relaxed, slipping into a peaceful sleep.

I wake up quite early and see Gally is missing. I quickly get dressed then go outside.

"Where are you, Gally?" I mutter to myself.

"I DONT CARE IF ITS AGAINST THE RULES!" Found him. Even from a distance, I can tell that's Gally yelling. I run over to where I heard the voice, and find myself at Alby's hut.

"YOU WANT TO GET BANISHED?!" Alby booms.

"IT'S A SHUCKING DUMB RULE AND YOU KNOW IT!" Gally protests.

"OH, SLIM IT!"

I knock on the open door of the hut, and both boys instantly turn to look at me, their faces softening. In a matter of two strides, Gally is next to me and engulfs me in a hug.

"What's wrong?" I ask when Gally releases me.

"Nothing" both boys say in unison, their faces looking extremely guilty.

"It's definitely something. I heard yelling" They share a look.

"I'm just trying to tell Alby about a stupid rule" If looks could kill, Alby would be dead by the way Gally was staring at him.