Chapter 32: The Gathering (Part 2)

A/n: If y'all couldn't tell, I have quite a few memes about Gally's on fleek eyebrows😀👍

Third Person's Pov

Olivia and Gally ate in silence. Knowing the boys would be back any minute now, Olivia puts her food down and faces Gally.

"I won't let anything happen to you. You know that, right?" she says, holding onto his hand.

"Of course I know that. But it could still happen, y'know, and you need to prepare yourself for the worst" Gally caresses her cheek with his thumb.

"I love you" She smiles.

Gally didn't know how to respond. He knew what he had to do so he would never hurt Olivia, and telling her that he loved her would just make it even harder.

The boys walk in before he had to concoct some sort of reply, much to Gally's relief.

"Right, where were we?" Alby asks.

"It was my turn to speak" Frypan says.

"Alright. Go on then" Alby replies.

"A week in the Pit for Gally, and three days for the other two. There's no point in me saying what I think of the situation since I'll just be echoing what has already been said multiple times, however I will say this: Gally is a damn good friend to me, and he could be to you, too, if you gave him the chance. But you don't. You just view him as the-"

"Frypan, there's not enough time for you to propose to Gally or something, I'm afraid. We still need to hear what other people think" Alby says impatiently.

"Thanks, Fry" Gally gives him a smile, not caring that he was supposed to keep his mouth shut.

The Gathering dragged on, in Olivia's opinion, and she just wanted it to end so she would find out her boyfriend's fate.

Since 'she was too close to this, being Gally's girlfriend and all', in Alby's words, she wasn't allowed to say anything.

"Everyone leave and queue up outside. One at a time, you will come into here and anonymously cast your vote to decide Gally's fate. Newt and I will then count up the votes, and we will tell you the results as soon as we know" Alby says.

"How's this going to work?" Olivia asks.

"There will be a sheet of paper per person, with the most common suggestions for what we do, and you put a tick down on which one you think is best fitting" Alby explains.

"And just what are those options?" the girl persists.

"Gally gets Banished, Gally gets put in the Pit, Gally, Luke and Ron get Banished, Gally gets Banished and Luke and Ron go into the Pit or, finally, all three go in the Pit"

"Fine"

Olivia's Pov

Everyone walks out, and I run up to Gally.

"I don't think I'll be allowed to stay" he says.

"What?! No! Of course you will! What makes you think otherwise?" I get hold of his hand.

"Before you arrived, Zart was saying a lot of stuff, and I think he's got a lot of boys on board with his opinion. Besides, even if Zart didn't say those things, it's not like I'm besties with everyone, so would they even vote to save me anyway?" He doesn't meet my gaze as he talks.

I stare at him, wanting to know if he was being serious or not. When I know he is, a single tear escapes my eye, and I throw my arms around him.

"I don't want you to go" I sniffle.