Chapter 11: Angry Confessions

Olivia's Pov

Usually, I'm excited for the bonfire so I can talk to the new Greenie and get to know them. But because of the person we got this month, I'm dreading it.

"I'm not going" I say.

"What?" Newt asks, confused.

"The bonfire. I'm not going" I say flatly.

"Why?"

"Because"

"Because why?"

"Because!"

"Tell me why!" Newt demands.

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"I'll tickle you" Newt threatens.

"Yeah right"

"I mean it"

"No you don't"

"You really wanna test that?"

"I'd like to see you try" I scoff.

"Ok. You asked for it"

"NO! NEWT! STOP!" I shriek in between fits of laughter as Newt tickles me.

"TELL ME WHY YOU'RE NOT GOING TO THE BONFIRE!"

"NEVER!"

"THEN I GUESS IM NOT STOPPING!"

"I HATE YOU!"

"I HATE YOU TOO, OLIVIA!"

"IM GONNA FEED YOU TO THE GRIEVERS IF YOU DON'T STOP IN THE NEXT THREE SECONDS!"

"WILL YOU TELL ME WHY YOU'RE NOT GOING?"

"NO!"

"THEN I HOPE I TASTE GOOD FOR THE GRIEVERS!"

"HELP! STOP IT! HELP!" I yell.

I manage to shove Newt off of me, and I get up and start sprinting. I see Frypan, so I go to him.

"FRY! FRY!" I scream. "HELP!"

Frypan and other Gladers near rush to me, all looking concerned.

"What's wrong, Liv?" Frypan asks.

"Are you ok?" Gally looks really worried.

"Newt is-" I spot Newt so I carry on running.

Gally's Pov

What was happening with her? And what does Newt have to do with all this? I see Newt coming to me, so I stop him.

"What's happening?" I demand.

"What do you mean?" Newt asks.

"Olivia was screaming for help and running and apparently you've got something to do with it. Everyone's really worried about what happened" I explain.

"Ohhh you guys have taken this completely the wrong way" Newt laughs. "I was tickling her so when she managed to get me off of her, she started running away and yelled for help so I would stop"

"Well shucking be careful next time! We were all worried! We just heard her yell 'stop' then she screamed. When we saw her, she was running for her life and shouting for help" I scold Newt.

"Woah, wait a minute. Why am I in trouble? She's the one who got you all worried!"

"You caused her to! And she was yelling at you to stop tickling her, but you didn't. This is your fault as much as it is hers" I can't believe Newt. He should know better.