Chapter 48: It's a Crappy Start For the Greenie... Literally

Third Person's Point Of View

Before Newt could even usher him out of the Box, the Greenie had klunked his pants three times.

"Where the hell is Liv? She'd know what to do" Newt mutters under his breath as he tries to help the crying boy. "Fry, go get Olivia. Tell her to come straight here"

"Good that" Frypan nods, then hurries off to find his friend. Gally had come with him, for obvious reasons, and they saw a figure on the watchtower. The two boys shared a look, then started climbing the rickety ladder. When they got to the top, they pushed the hatch open, making Olivia hastily wipe her eyes and look to see who it is.

"Darling!" Gally envelopes her in a warm embrace, and when he pulls away, Fry gives her a bear hug.

"What's wrong?" Frypan asks, having a vague idea, but needing it confirming.

"The new Greenie..." she replies, leaning her head on Gally's shoulder. "He reminds me of Ella. God, I miss her"

"I know. So does everyone else. But this kid needs you. You can be like a mother to him" Fry pats her back.

"I don't want to take Newt's job of the Glade mother!" she jokes, earning a chuckle from Gally.

Eventually, Gally and Frypan manage to talk Olivia into coming down and meeting the Greenie. When they arrive at the Box, he's still in there, crying.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's ok" Liv climbs down and sits next to the boy. "There's nothing to be scared of. Here" She dries his eyes and nose with the hem of her
t-shirt, making a mental note to change it as soon as she can. "I'm Olivia"

"Ugh, he smells" someone remarks, earning a death stare from Liv.

"Everyone piss off!" she yells, before turning her attention back to the boy. "Come here" She wraps her arms around him to comfort him.

"Why can't I remember anything?" he asks, looking into the girl's eyes as if they held all the answers he could possibly want.

"I don't know, none of us do, but we've all been through what you're going through now. You'll get your name back in a day or two. It's all they've let us keep"

"Who is 'they'?"

"The people who put us here. We call 'em the Creators. As soon as we get out of this shuck place, I'm going to personally punch them in their stupid faces"

"Darling?" Gally's face appears, blocking out the blinding sunlight.

"What is it, Gal?" Liv asks, still cradling the Greenie.

"Are you planning on coming out any time soon? The Bonfire is in a few hours"

"Oh. Right. Yeah. Come on, Greenie. Let's get you some fresh clothes, then I'll give you a tour. How does that sound?"

"O- ok" he stutters, as Liv and Gally help him out of the Box.

"Can I quickly talk to you, angel?" Gally mumbles, squeezing his girlfriend's hand.

"I need to help-" Olivia is cut off by him kissing her.

"It will take one second"

"Fine. Let me find someone to take care of the boy, then I can" Newt walks up to them just as Liv had finished talking.

"Can you get the Greenie some fresh clothes, please, then start his tour? Gally needs me for one second, then I'll take over" Olivia asks Newt.

"I don't want you to leave me" the Greenie sniffles, holding onto Liv's leg.