Chapter 45: Things Are Getting a Bit Fruity💅(And a Bit Death-y👁👄👁)

Gally's Pov

The next day, a Gathering was called to discuss what Olivia had told Alby. We walked there together, but I refused to leave her side. Eventually, Olivia got me to sit down in my seat rather than stay next to her, which was weird because I thought she would have wanted me there with her.

Alby starts the Gathering, and explains to the Council what had happened. Clearly, it was news no one had expected.

"Do you have any proof, Olivia?" Billy, Keeper of the Baggers, asks.

"No" she mumbles.

"What reason would she have to lie? Yeah, she doesn't get on with Zart and Sean, but she wouldn't make things up to get them Banished! You all know that she's not like that" I snap.

"I never said she would make it up. You just need proof with these things, that's all" Billy shrugs. "Besides, she doesn't even remember the so-called threat"

"Shut your mouth before I shut it for you" I glare at him.

"Gally, the purpose of Gatherings aren't so you can threaten whoever you feel like threatening" Alby says, as if that would actually make difference in the future, however I sit down and keep my mouth shut all the same.

"I need to say something" Zart suddenly speaks up. If looks could kill, he would drop down dead right now by the way Sean was staring at him.

"What is it?" Alby asks.

"Sean forced me into having sex with her. I wasn't going to do it when she was drunk, and also when she's taken, but he said he would do something if I didn't follow through. I'm sorry, Olivia" Zart looks at her earnestly, and I realise he's telling the truth. He didn't want this. He's not the enemy. But Sean on the other hand...

"He's lying to avoid punishment!" Sean protests. "It was his idea anyway!"

"No. Zart is telling the truth" Clint says, making everyone then their heads so they can face him. "I overhead them talking. Sean was forcing Zart to do it"

"YOU'RE ALL SETTING ME UP!" Sean yells, standing up from his chair.

"Sean! You can speak at the end! Now sit down!" Alby gives him a stern look.

"Fine" he grumbles, obeying Alby.

Everyone says their thoughts and, eventually, it's time to vote. However, before voting can actually start, it's dinner time, so we agree to do it in half an hour, to give everyone enough time to eat.

I walk up to Olivia and wrap her in a tight hug.

"How are you?" I ask.

"I'm ok. Just very, very confused about what Zart said"

"I know. Me too. Why didn't he say all this before?"

"It's obvious. Sean is threatening him to keep quiet. Probably using the same threat he made when he forced him to have sex with me. I mean, did you not see the look Sean gave Zart when he spoke up?"

"You're a right little detective, aren't you?" I laugh, ruffling her hair.

"Yeah. And this detective is very hungry, so let's go!" She grabs my hand and starts leading me to the Kitchens. "Hey, Fry" she greets as she gets handed her food.

We go and sit at our usual table, and Olivia intertwines our hands as we eat, not that I mind. She laughs and jokes with Minho and Newt throughout most of dinner, but still does her best to include me in the conversation, however I have no interest in it at all.