Chapter 49: Breaking News: Olivia Becomes Dora the Explorer To Find Gal Pal

Third Person's Point of View

Frypan pulled Olivia into his chest, gently rubbing her back as she cried.

Everything hurt a lot more for her. During the night, there was still the slightest glimmer of hope that, somehow, he would be alive, even if it was just the slightest possibility. But now, standing there, staring at the empty corridor... It truly dawned on her that he was gone forever.

"He's in a better place now. He's with Ella" Clint tries to reassure Liv, but Jeff elbows him in the side.

"Ow..." Clint whines, rubbing where he just got hurt.

"Don't mention her!" he hisses.

"Right. Yeah. I'm sorry, Liv. We're here for you if you need us. You know where we are"

"Come on. You need some rest" Newt starts to gently usher her to her hut, when a pounding of footsteps and cheers and shouts fill the previous silence that had overcome the Glade.

"Where is she?!" someone yells, looking desperately for Olivia, who looks up to find the source of the voice.

"Gally?!" she exclaims, convinced that her eyes are playing a trick on her.

"I'm here! I'm here" He runs to her and envelopes her in a tight hug.

"You're ok?!" Olivia looks up at him, still in disbelief.

"Of course I am. Did you really think you could get rid of me that easily?" he chuckles, holding onto her chin and pulling her face towards his, until he seals the gap between them in a loving kiss.

"I love you" she smiles, finally knowing that what was happening was real. Gally was here. He was alive. He survived a night in the Maze.

"I love you too, Liv" he replies, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"Welcome back, mate" Newt pats Gally on the back.

"Glad to see you're ok" Minho says.

After talking to everyone for a bit, he tells Olivia that he's tired, so they go to their hut and lie down on their bed.

"How were you last night?" Gally asks, moving his girlfriend so she was laying on his chest.

"Very bad. It was awful. I hated it. But it could have been worse"

"What do you mean?"

"Fry looked after me. He made me stew and a blanket fort and offered to stay with me"

"Remind me to thank him later. But for now, I just want to sleep, considering I got none last night"

"That's ok"

Gally smiles, so grateful to have Olivia in his arms once more.

"Thank you for saving me" she mutters, still feeling so guilty for causing Gally to have to go through that.

"You don't have to thank me. I promised you I'd protect you, and that's exactly what I did. When I saw you running for your life in that stupid shucking Maze... I knew I had to stop you and our baby from dying"

"You're the best boyfriend ever. You know that, right? You literally gave up your life for me, just so I'd have a chance to survive" She kisses him softly, then snuggles back down into him.

Gally's Point of View

I was in the Maze again, and I was running. All the Gladers were chasing me, trying to kill me, even Olivia.

I kept on sprinting, not concentrating on where I was going, when my surroundings seemed to melt around me, and form somewhere entirely different.