Chapter 65: Newtmas is Official🥵💪

OMG OMG OMG I AM FUCKING FREAKING OUT ABOUT THIS PICTURE. LIKE, HOW CAN ONE MAN BE SO GODDAMN FINE😩😩

TW: MENTIONS OF CHILD LOSS, ABUSE, TORTURE⚠️

Olivia's POV

"Gally?" Thomas questioned. Everything seemed so calm for a second or two, until Thomas launched himself at Gally, landing a harsh punch on his face.

Newt rushed to Thomas' side to calm him down.

"Stop, stop, stop," Newt commanded, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder.

"He killed Chuck."

"Yeah. I know. I was there too. I remember. I also remember that he was Stung and half out of his mind. Just calm down, alright?" Then Newt did the unexpected. He pressed a kiss to Thomas' temple. Wait. Are they finally dating? I knew that I shipped them in the Glade, but I didn't think they'd actually get together.

Gally got up. "Kinda had that coming. Anybody else? Fry? Newt?" His eyes met mine. "Liv?"

"You know this guy?" Jorge asked.

"He was an old friend," Fry answered.

"How? How is this possible? I don't... We watched you die." Newt, like the rest of us, couldn't wrap his head around this.

"No, you left me to die." A wave of guilt washed over me. Tears pricked my eyes. It took everything I had to not collapse in his arms and apologise over and over again to him, press countless kisses to his lips, his cheeks, his forehead, his nose, everywhere I could. "And if we hadn't found you when we did, you'd be dead right now. What the hell are you doing here?"

"Minho. WCKD has him here. We're looking for a way in." Those were the first words I had spoken since I had been rescued from the train. My voice was scratchy and raw. Words felt foreign on my tongue. I had grown used to staying silent, to observing.

I had done that during most of the sixth months that WCKD had me too. I only really made any noise when I screamed as they tortured me, over and over. All in the means to find a goddamn Cure that doesn't fucking exist.

"I can help with that," Gally said, looking at me. "Follow me." Seriously? He hadn't seen me in months, I thought he was dead for months, and that's the first thing he says? Well, other than asking if I wanted to punch him. A little 'hello' would have been nice before offering his help.

"We're not going anywhere with you," Thomas stubbornly replied.

"Suit yourself. But I can get you through those walls."

Before any of us could try to convince Thomas to trust him, a girl around our age bounded up to Gally, wrapping her arms around him and pressing a kiss to his lips.

My heart sunk.

My mouth hung open.

Betrayal ripped any and all words from my mouth.

This didn't feel real. This isn't real. He can't be... He wouldn't... Right?

"Hey, baby. Did you miss me?" the girl asked, smiling up at Gally. I guess I'm not imagining things, then. He's moved on. So much for 'forever and always'.

Fuck that guy.

"Oh, uh, hey, Tia," he awkwardly said, stealing a glance at me.

"What's wrong?" She furrowed her eyebrows, cupping his face. "Tell me."

"Nothing. I'm fine."

The girl - Tia - turned to face the rest of us. Her eyes scanned the group, until she looked at me. She pulled away from Gally.