Chapter 68: Return of the Traitor🤭🤭

Olivia's POV

We waited in an abandoned church not that far away from the Last City, waiting for Gally and Thomas to return with, if all goes well, Teresa.

I sat down at a table with Brenda, playing cards to pass the time.

"They're back," Newt - who was in charge of lookout - said. "Looks like they managed to get Teresa."

I put my cards down and turned to face the entrance.

Teresa was placed on a chair, and the bag that was on her head was harshly taken off.

She looked around, confused, dazed, maybe even a little scared.

"Gally?" she questioned, disbelief in her voice.

"Here's how this is gonna go," Gally started, chucking a piece of paper onto the table he was perched on. "We're gonna ask you some questions and you're gonna tell us exactly what we need to know. We'll start off simple: Where's Minho?"

"You guys don't seriously think-"

Teresa was interrupted by Gally slamming a chair down on the floor in front of her, placing it backwards so he could rest his arms on it.

"Don't look at him," he instructed, referring to Thomas. "Why you looking at him? Look at me. He's not gonna help you." I don't think I've ever found Gally hotter than I currently do right now. "Now, we know you have Minho in the building. Where?"

Teresa took a second before answering. "He's with the others in holding. Sub-level three."

"How many others?" Newt asked.

"Twenty eight," Teresa spoke.

"I can make that work," Brenda said, placing a card down in her game with Jorge.

"No, you guys don't understand. The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID."

"That's why you're gonna come with us," I told her, walking until I was standing near Gally.

"Well, I dunno. We don't necessarily need her, right? Not all of her." He picked up a scalpel. "We just need her finger."

"Gally, back off," Thomas warned.

"What, are you squeamish? I guarantee she's done a lot worse to Minho."

"Gally. We need her intact if this plan is going to work," I insisted, placing a hand on his shoulder, taking the scalpel away from him.

"Fine," he grumbled. "But for the record, I like my plan a lot better."

"Of course you do."

"It won't make a difference. You still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick you up-"

"We know we're tagged. 'Property of WCKD'," I interrupted Teresa. "You're gonna help us with that too." I offered her the scalpel.

~*~

"Liv, can you do mine?" Gally asked, casting a nervous glance over to where Teresa was cutting out Fry's tag. "I don't trust her with being as gentle as she possibly could after I kidnapped her and threatened to cut off one of her limbs."

"Yeah, sure, baby. Come here." I grabbed a spare scalpel and sat Gally down on a chair. "This is gonna hurt," I warned.

"I know."

As carefully as I possibly could, I removed his tag (I knew where it was after watching Teresa cut out Newt's).

Gally let out curse word after curse word as I cut into him, even throwing in some Glader slang too. I winced with each time I pierced his skin with the blade, feeling awful for causing him this much pain. I dreaded having mine taken out.