Chapter 9: Hatred

Gally's Pov

I was up all night trying to figure out if I liked Olivia or not. I knew the answer deep down, yet I didn't want to admit it to myself so I tried to convince myself that I didn't, with no luck.

The bell rings for breakfast and my heart pounds as I reach the front of the queue and Liv gives me my food.

Pull it together, Gally! It's just Olivia! Don't get so shucking nervous!

I awkwardly sit down at my usual table and try to hide the obvious blush that was on my face.

It's not until the afternoon where I get an idea. There's one way to stop myself liking Olivia. Treating her like I did when she first arrived. It sounds stupid and far-fetched, yet I know it will work.

Olivia's Pov

Gally was acting weird at breakfast and most of the day. Whenever I was slightly near to him, he hurried off. Was it because of our kiss last night? Did he feel awkward? That's got to be it, right? I make a mental note to ask him about it later.

I head back into the kitchen and help Frypan make dinner.

"You don't seem quite here, Olivia. What's on your mind?" Frypan says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You seem preoccupied. And I think I know why. You like like someone. Who's the lucky guy?"

I laugh at him. "I don't 'like like' anyone!" I protest.

"Only love makes you look like that" Frypan teases.

"Woah! Who said anything about LOVE?!" I put down the knife I was holding and stare at him, my eyes wide and my mouth agape.

"Hey, I'm just saying what I see" Frypan laughs and holds his hands up in the air in mock surrender. I roll my eyes and carry on cooking.

After dinner, when everyone leaves to do whatever they want, I catch up with Gally.

"Hey can I talk to you?" I ask, walking next to him.

"Not now. I'm busy. Maybe tomorrow" His voice is flat, with no emotion. His eyes are empty. He's completely unreadable.

"Gally, what's wrong?" I ask him, determined to get him to talk to me.

"Nothing" He starts walking quicker, forcing me into a light jog so I can keep up with him.

"I'm not taking no for an answer. It won't be long. I promise"

"I said no, shank. Now shuck off and go piss off Newt and Minho or something"

I try to grab onto his wrist, but he shakes free of me and goes towards his friends. I let out a frustrated huff and go to Newt and Minho.

"Woah, what happened to you?" Minho tilts his head.

"Gally is being really cold towards me"

"You mean colder than usual?" Newt lifts an eyebrow. I forgot that they, like everyone else, didn't know Gally and I were starting to become friends (it was Gally's call, not mine).

"Yeah" I finally speak. "I think it was because of the kiss last night. That's when he started acting really odd"

"Hey, if you're about to blame this on me-" Minho starts but I shake my head rapidly.

"No, of course not, shuckface!" I jokingly punch him in the arm.

We talk for a bit, before I decide to go to sleep.

"I can't do this!" I flop down, defeated.

"Of course you can, Olivia! Just focus" my best friend tells me.