failure

Words:
Age: 16

Y/N POV:
I've always been a perfectionist when it comes to school. If my handwriting wasn't neat enough I'd rip out sometimes 3 full pages of notes and start again. I would never allow myself to skip a day of school no matter how sick or injured I was and on those days my mom had to physically restrain my from going because I was sick, I insisted that that school would send me all the work that they did in class and I would sit as my desk and do that all day.

So when opened up my results this morning and saw that I got a B+ on my last physics test I immediately broke down. It's currently 12:30pm and I haven't left me bed. I feel like a failure.

I was always told by my family, specifically my mom that my grades weren't important as long as I did my best. She always told me that I was too hard on myself, but she's clearly wrong. Otherwise I would have gotten an A.

"Y/N, are you awake?" Mom called from the other side of my door. I just groaned and pulled the sheets over my head not wanting to talk to anyone today. I didn't answer her and pretended that I was still asleep so she wouldn't bother me. I don't know why I thought that would work because the sheets were soon ripped off of me.

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" She asked, clearly seeing my tear stained face. I burst into tears immediately hugging her. "I'm sorry mama" I sobbed.

Natasha POV:
It was just about lunch time and I'd noticed that Y/N hadn't come downstairs at all today. Considering it was a Saturday she'd probably slept in, but it's so unlike her to sleep past 9am.

"Y/N, are you awake?" I asked through her door. There was no response so I decided to go in anyways to check on her. The room was pitch black except for the laptop that was sitting on her desk that shone a bit of light into the room. Y/N had pulled the sheets over her head and I pulled them down to meet her tear stained face.

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" I asked. She immediately started crying and apologising. "I'm sorry mama!" She sobbed into my arms. "Why are you sorry?" I questioned. "I pretty much failed my physics test and it was worth 40% of my grade." "Oh Y/N, I'm sure it wasn't that bad. Besides it's only one subject." I soothed. "But I put so much effort into it and only got a B+." She cried. "Aww sweetheart, a B+ is amazing! Stop being so hard on yourself. You're literally one of the smartest people I know, and trust me, I know a lot!" I slightly laughed and she chuckled a little bit. I sat with her in my arms as she slowly started to calm down.

"I'm sorry if I've let you down." She quietly said. I sat her up and turned her around to face me, my hands cupping her cheeks. "Y/N Romanoff, you have not let me down! I'm so so so proud of you okay?" I affirmed. Y/N gave a small nod. "You make me so proud, day in and day out. I'm incredibly lucky to have you as my daughter. There's so much more to life than your grades. Okay?" I soothed. "Okay." Y/N acknowledged. "I love you sweetheart." "I love you too mama."

A/N:
Sorry this one is so short I just wanted to update this book because it's been a while 😫

Requests are open <3