"you're safe here" - tw

warnings: mentions of abuse

Y/N:
After being locked in my fathers basement, I finally managed to get out after trying and failing so many times. I don't know how long I was in there, but the city definitely looks different than it did last time I was outside.

I lost my mom when I was five and over time my father only got more abusive. My mother's death was seen as an overdose, but I remember seeing my father force the pills down her throat.
The last time I was outside I was six years old. I don't know who long ago that was now.

I got as far away as I could from that house, before I felt like I was going to pass out so I had to stop. The sun was starting to set though and I didn't want to be out here alone so I started asking around for help.

"Excuse me, can you help me?" I ask a lady as she walks through the park. She looked at me in disgust and kept on walking.

I asked four more people before eventually accepting my fate and realising that no-one it going to help me.

As I sat down on the park bench I sighed, putting my head in my hands as I try to figure out what to do. I could find the nearest police station? But what if they don't believe me and send me back?

I feel someone tap my shoulder which causes me to raise my head from my hands and look up.

Natasha:
I needed to get out of the compound. Tony was driving me crazy...again, and there were so many people around which made me feel quite overwhelmed so I decided to go out for a run until I knew the chaos would've died down.

Just as I was about to make my way home, I noticed a young girl who looked maybe ten or eleven sitting on one the benches alone. Maybe she was lost?

I approached her and tapped on her shoulder. She flinched quite heavily when I did, but it could have just been that she was startled. "Honey, why are you out here alone? Are you lost?" I ask gently. She only shakes her head in response.
"What happened?"

She looks at me fearfully. I can tell she wants to say something, but she's scared. "Can I sit down?" I ask gently, gesturing to the empty space next to her. She nods so I take a seat beside her.

"I'm Y/N." She speaks quietly. "It's lovely to meet you Y/N, I'm Natasha, but you can call me Nat." I smile softly.

"Can you please tell me what year it is?" Y/N mumbles, looking down at her feet. Okay, maybe this is worse than I thought...
"It's 2022." I inform her. "Why?"

Her face falls into a frown and tears start to fall from her eyes. "Sweetheart, what's wrong?" I cooed. "I-I was in there f-for five years." She cries. "Where?" I question gently. "My father, h-he kept me in the basement and didn't let me leave." She admits, choking on her sobs. 

"Oh my god." I mumble quietly to myself.

I shuffle closer to Y/N and pull her in for a hug which only causes her to flinch and cry harder. "Y/N, I promise I'm not going to hurt you." I assure her, still with my arms wrapped gently around her body. She relaxes after hearing my words and rests her forehead on my shoulder as she cries.

My heart brakes when I hear the pain in her cries. I don't know the full extent of what's happened to this girl, but it doesn't sound good.

With my arms still wrapped around her tightly, I notice how malnourished she is. I can feel every bone in her back. She's wearing baggy clothing which makes it harder to notice.

As I go to pull away from the hug, she holds me tighter, not wanting to let go. "Honey, do you want to come home with me? You can have some food and get some sleep and we can go from there?" I ask gently. "Yes please." Y/N mumbles into my shoulder.

"Okay, let's go then." I say softly.

As we stand up and start to make our way home,
Y/N grabs my hand firmly. I look down at her and smile which she shyly returns.

•••

"There might be a few people around, but nobody is going to hurt you. I promise." I say to Y/N as we walk into the compound. "Okay." She mumbles.

"Hey, who's the kid?" Steve asks. Y/N immediately tenses up and hides behind me slightly. "You're okay Y/N, you're safe here." I smile down at her. She doesn't move from behind me and I can see the fear in her eyes. "I'll explain later." I tell Steve to which he nods and leaves the room.

I bought Y/N into the kitchen and told her to take a seat on one of the stools whilst I made her some food. We had pizza leftover from lunch today, so I got that out of the fridge thinking that she might like it.

"Do you like pizza, hun?" I ask. "I've never had it before." She admits shyly. "Try it, it's really good." I smile assuringly, sliding the plate of pizza over to her. Y/N hesitantly takes a bite. "That's really good." She says quietly with a smile.

"Do you want anymore?" I asked, noticing Y/N had finished her slice. "No, thank you." She mumbled. "Okay sweetheart." I smile.

As I was cleaning up the plates I noticed Y/N started yawning. "Do you want to take a shower and then you can get some sleep?" I ask gently and she nods.

Y/N followed me as we went upstairs and into my room. I took out a hoodie and some sweatpants from my closet that hopefully wouldn't be too big on her before showing her to the bathroom.

"Call out to me if you need me." I said to her, before closing the door behind me. Not even a few seconds later the door opened again. "Can I just keep the door open a little bit?" She asked shyly. "Of course." I smiled.

About five minutes later Y/N come out in a towel. I immediately noticed the bruises covered her shoulders and the top of her back. "I forgot my clothes." She mumbled. "That's okay," I say before taking a breath, "Can I take a look at your bruises?" I ask. Y/N looked at me with fear in her eyes. "I just want to help sweetheart." I assure her. "Okay." She nodded.

We went back into the bathroom and I got out some cream to help with the bruising. "This might sting a little." I warn her, before carefully applying it on her back and shoulders.

"Thank you for helping me, Natasha." Y/N said shyly. "Of course sweetheart." I smile.

"Do you mind sleeping in my bed tonight? There's no other bedrooms free at the moment." I ask after I'd finished applying the cream and Y/N got dressed. "I don't mind." She smiles.

She got into bed and I pulled the covers over her before getting in next to her and placing a kiss on her forehead. "We can talk more about everything tomorrow, but for get some rest." I say and she nods.

It didn't take long for Y/N to fall asleep with her head resting on my chest and an arm over my body. She snores lightly too which was absolutely adorable.

——————

a/n: I kept getting distracted writing this so I hope it makes sense lol

anyways, MoM comes out in 6 days and I'm so excited!!