dinner reservations

Age: 18
Warnings: one of the most fruity one shots ive written

Y/N:
Sneaking into the room of my best friend, I quietly close the door behind me before walking around to the bed. "Wands," I hiss, shaking her awake. "Witchy, get up."

"What, Y/N?" She groans, her accent being more pronounced in the morning. "I have an update on Blackhill," I squeal, jumping into bed next to her. Her eyes finally open as she turns on her left side to face me. "Spill."

"I was going to try and get a training session in before breakfast but when I got to the gym, guess who was in there!"
"You're Mom and Maria, obviously," she rolls her eyes. "Shoosh. Now, I didn't see much obviously because I didn't want them to know I was there, but Maria said something and Mom started blushing, and then there was a lot of laughter."

"I don't know why they don't just jump each others bones already," Wanda shrugs, kicking the blanket off of her body. "Ew! That's my Mom you're talking about!" My face squirms as I flick the side of her head before she gets up and walks straight across her room to the ensuite.

A small, tired chuckle falls from her lips whilst she starts brushing her teeth and I watch her do so in her favourite oversized shirt she sleeps in almost every night.

I smile when she smiles as she looks back at me in the mirror.

"Do you have anything planned today?" I question, crossing one leg over the other as she leans my back up against the headboard. "I have to do schoolwork this morning, but other than that, nope. You?"
"Just schoolwork," I shrug.

Wanda washes out her mouth with water before turning around and leaning against the counter. "We should come up with a plan to get your Mom and Maria together because clearly they're incapable of doing it themselves."
"I agree. How can we do it without being obvious though?" I question, standing up and walking around her room. We have no secrets with each other and practically share everything that we own, so it's not unusual for us to go snooping around each others rooms.

"We could be cliché and book a reservation for the four of us and not show up?" She suggests, walking out of the bathroom. "Sure, why not. I'll ask them both if they're free tonight, but at separate times of course," I say, opening one of the draws in her closet, looking for a pair of jeans to steal for the day. Instead, I find something very different.

I look back to my best friend with a teasing smile. She frowns, before her eyes widen after noticing what draw I was looking in and slams it shut with her wiggly woo's.

Her face is bright red. "You have a full collection of vibrators," I tease. "Do not. You were seeing things," she lies, crossing her arms over her chest. "Hey, don't gaslight me like that," I say, narrowing my eyes.

"How is it fair that you have like, four, and I have zero. You could have given one to me, you bitch."
"Buy yourself one," she quirks an eyebrow. "No, I'm scared of not being home when it would get here and then Mom would open it and I'd be so embarrassed," I explain. "Well...that sounds like a you problem. My vibrators are as close as I'm getting to any kind of sex."

I open my mouth to say something, but quickly rethink it. "Never mind."
"No, please. Go on," she chuckles. "I'd rather not," I say, beginning to make my way out of the room. She shakes her head, flipping me off as I close her bedroom door and make my way downstairs for breakfast.

__

After making sure both Mom and Maria could make dinner tonight, Wanda and I were "getting ready" whilst they were both already on their way to the restaurant.

Mama: We're here. Is the reservation under your name?

Me: No, it's under Brad Pitt. The place was booked but the moment I said his name BAM, there was a free table. We're in the VIP area too 🎉

Mama: How am I meant to know whether or not you're being serious?

Me: I don't know, you're the super secret spy, figure it out dude!

Mama: I swear, if I go in there and say his name when it's really under yours, I will tell Wanda that you like her.

Me: Mother dearest, I have told you I do not like her like that. Now go inside, we're almost there.

Mama: That's what she said.

I laugh at her final message before throwing my phone across my bed. "We're geniuses," I sigh, laying my head against my pillow. "Actually, it's a pretty basic idea, you weirdo," Wanda laughs from beside me. "Be quiet," I smirk, turning my head to her. She does the same, our gaze meeting.

"Wanna watch a movie?" She suggests. "Twilight?"
"I thought you hated Twilight?" She frowns. "Well, I'm warming up to it now thanks to you," I smile gently.

Four Hours Later

If you told me this morning that I finally worked up the courage to tell my best friend that I had feelings for her, I would not have believed you.

I didn't plan on doing it, but she had cuddled up to me during the movie, resting her head on my chest, and suddenly the words just came out of my mouth.

We heard Mom and Maria come up about ten minutes ago, and well, haven't stopped hearing them since.

"At least we were quiet. They're not even making an effort," Wanda mumbles, her bare chest laying on top of mine. "I think I'm traumatised. I don't think I can look either of them in the eye again," I admit, staring blankly at my wall. "Nope."

"Let's go to your room, it's further away. Plus, you have soundproof headphones," I say. "Good idea."

_________
As you can probably tell, I got very lazy towards the end but we move on

This book now has over 400k reads which is actually insane so thank youuu