Chapter 1

"I am grateful that I had you helping me in the shop for the past months

"I am grateful that I had you helping me in the shop for the past months. I am going to miss you boy." You formed a light smile hearing what the owner said as you're sweeping the floor for your last night in the job.

"I've done my best, I could've done better but I tried to help the best I can." You finished your last chore just moments before closing. "Here..." The owner handed you an envelope. "...just remember you're always welcome back here."

"Thank you, I'll keep that in mind." That and a few chit chats with the other workers later then you made it out to the street. As you're walking, your phone's ringing and immediately you grabbed it and answered.

"What's up~" Hanni's voice echoed into your ear as it made you snickered silently. "Yo where you at? Minji and Yongbok's already here."

"I just hit the street, chill, I haven't even got foods. Fifteen minutes, just give me fifteen minutes." You replied as she just grunted in a playfully manner. "You're one minute late, I'm locking the front door immediately." She teased.

"Then tell your dad to prepare a new window." You immediately hung your phone before rushing over to buy foods and by foods, it's street foods that's mostly Hanni's favorites. Got everything you needed you immediately went to your car and drove away.

You got into a light traffic before you safely reached Hanni's house. You walked over to the front door, gave the bell a few rings before someone opened the door almost slightly.

"You're three minutes late" Hanni's voice welcomed you as she showed half her head by the door, her eyes teasingly looking at you. "Then I have a bargain you can't refuse." You replied her, calmly.

"Ehhh this is interesting. What do you have to bargain?" Hanni then move slightly, showing her full face to you with a light smirk on her face. Then you handed her the foods you bought.

She scanned through the goods then the door was opened fully. "Welcome~" She's waving her arms, causing the extra sleeves covering her hands to flap. You had a good laugh as you walked in.

"What's taking you two so long~" Minji's voice echoed from the living room as you and Hanni made your way to the gathering of four friends. Immediately you plunged onto the couch with Yongbok sitting next to where you're laying down.

"Here." You heard Hanni's voice as a chilling sensation touched your cheek, making your head twitch a bit. She's handing you a can of soda which you gladly accepted as you sat down then taking a couple sips.

"Late night tteokbokki never disappoints" Minji was the first to feast on the foods you brought before Hanni followed through. "I told you Yongjae's choice of foods are the best."

"Now that we're all here, let's have that discussion we talked about in the group chat." Yongbok joined the two girls by the table while you remained seated on the couch. "Mini vacation to Jeju island right?"

"Yeah, we've been talking about having a fun getaway, just the four of us and this period of time I think it's perfect timing." Minji suggested as Hanni walked over and sat next to you then giving you a plate of foods.

"Thanks" You whispered as you took slow bites. "And beside, Yongbok's planning to go back to Australia by the end of the year so I also think there's no better time." You said with your mouth full.

"Then we should pick a date to start with." Hanni continued. "...If me and Yongjae got accepted into Uni then we'll probably have the mid semester break as the perfect period."

"I guess that's the only time available for you two. Minji?" Yongbok asked the last member before she nodded her head. "I can make that time, just confirm it with me the exact dates earlier so I can make adjustments."

"We'll figure it out. We always do." You said before continued eating casually.

The three continued chit-chatting and drinking while you're slowly dozing off and eventually fall asleep by the couch.

"Poor guy, must've been tired since it's his last day working." Minji whispered as Hanni and Yongbok reverted their attention to a sleeping you.

"Well we better be on our way as well, it's already late." Yongbok added and Minji immediately started cleaning the table.

Hanni helped as well before in no time Minji and Yongbok bid farewells and left the house. Hanni went back to the living room to see you who's laying comfortably by the couch, snoozing.

She slowly walked upstairs and in a few moments, came back down with a blanket and gently she covered you with it, not trying to wake you up.

But it did wake you up as you immediately looked over the empty living room. "Where's Minji and Yongbok?" You asked with a hoarse voice. "They went home already." Hanni replied.

"Then I'm heading home as wel-"

"No, you're crashing here. Look at the time." She said as you glanced at your watch and its already midnight. "Since tomorrow we're checking our application results so it'll be easier to do it first thing in the morning."

"Okay." You heaved a light sigh. "Thanks for the blanket." You said as she just smiled lightly. "Goodnight snore king." She teased as she's walking up the stairs. "Goodnight mini Pham" You raised your voice as you heard her laugh echoed.

You slowly lay back down with a smile as you slowly drifted back to sleep. It was a couple more hours until some rustling sounds woke you from your slumber. With a low grunt you slowly sit yourself up and realized the sound was from the kitchen.

"Sorry..." A soft whisper welcomed you as Hanni walked over with a cup of hot drink. "...did I wake you up?" She asked as you could barely see her face under the night light. "Couldn't sleep?" You asked calmly as she just pulled her hoodie off her head.

"Yeah" She replied as she immediately sat down next to you. "...I'm nervous about the result. What if I get rejected?" She told her worries. "We've done our best on the entrance exam, we'll be fine." You leaned back at the couch.

"Besides, getting rejected is not the end of the world." You tried to comfort her as she just took sips of her drink. "What if you got rejected? Who's going to accompany me in Uni?" She said.

"I can come visit during lunches." You replied as she scrunched her nose. "That'll be boring." She whispered as you pulled her hoodie back up. "Then be positive Pham Hanni. We'll get into University together." You cheered her up.

"Alright. You're right..." She then stood up. "...see you tomorrow morning." She said as she walked towards the stairs up to her room.

You slightly saw her smile before she left and the image stayed with you throughout the night. Oh how hard it was for you to keep it in you, your lips itching to tell her how beautiful and calming her smile is from day to day.

But in the end you didn't and always decided to keep it to yourself.