Chapter 10

After waving you goodnight, Hanni went over to the bed by the middle of the room and sat on it for a short while with her eyes closed

After waving you goodnight, Hanni went over to the bed by the middle of the room and sat on it for a short while with her eyes closed. Then she shook her head gently as she's looking around the room.

It's her first time to actually sleeps in your house where it's always been the other way around all this time.

The room had its own bathroom so she went in and had her face washed off with warm water.

Feeling a bit refreshed, she went back into the room as her eyes were wandering around before they landed on a cabinet.

She saw a small box and there's a writing that said 'Yongjae's childhood photos.' Out of nowhere she got excited as she grabbed the box out from the cabinet.

She lifted the lid as she noticed a pile of old fashioned photo albums with titles written on it.

She was looking through a few before she found one album with a title 'Yongjae and Hanni' so she brought that one to the bed.

Hanni let out a squeal just by looking at the first page. Photos of her and you back in kindergarten, to the ones where the two of you were playing at the backyard. "I have to let him see this." She instantly got her phone and went on video calling you.

After a short time, you answered, eyes squinting by the brightness of Hanni's background light. "You okay?" You asked as you're sitting up on your bed.

"Don't be mad at me but look at what I've just found." Hanni turned her camera to the rear as you saw a picture of a kid you blowing a birthday cake with Hanni next to you.

That brought laughter on your face as she showed a few more pictures of you and her. "Where did you find those?" You asked as she moved the phone, showing the cabinet while pointing at it. "There. I noticed the little box with your name on it and I could not resist."

"But don't worry, I didn't look at the other albums, just this one." She showed her face. "Getting nostalgic now are you?" You asked as she nodded. "Obviously, we had the best childhood that we could've asked for."

"Have you ever thought what could've been if we actually never met? Or precisely if our parents never met?" You asked and the smile in her face slowly fading.

"Right... No I actually never thought about that..." Her mind slowly drifted away, imagining what things could've been. "Gosh, we've really been there for each other since the beginning..."

"Ever felt tired of seeing me in some point in your life?" You asked as she gave you a glare. "Yeah sure, video calling you in the middle of the night and showing you these pictures really do scream I am tired of seeing you now isn't it?"

You smiled lightly. "Well thank you for not doing so. Appreciate it." You said as she closed her eyes while nodding.

"Very welcome. But what about you?" She moved her face closer to her phone as her eye was filling your phone screen.