Chapter 28

Right after you left the café, eyes drenched with tears as you're wiping them dry while walking your way away from the café area

Right after you left the café, eyes drenched with tears as you're wiping them dry while walking your way away from the café area. Obviously the conversation between Hanni and you were so hurtful that you just had to walk away from it before you would do something irrational and further jeopardize your friendship with her.

You just want to get back to your car and go straight home so you're walking past people, past shops and stalls before you felt someone held onto your arm. You turned your head over and to your surprise, it was Danielle who you thought was already on her way back home, her eyes looking at yours with a not so usual bright expression on her face.

"If you need someone to talk to, I am here Yongjae." She slowly let your arm go. "I'm fine. You should go home Danielle." You tried sounding calm and okay but she didn't buy it. "The redness in your eyes says otherwise. Come on, let's find a bench to sit on and I'll listen to you."

"Danielle I'm fin-"

"No you're not!" Her voice came out stern as it quietly surprised you by this side of her you've never even seen before. "I don't want to pretend that you're doing fine, not when I've been with you these past weeks just for me to ignore it. I'm not going to ignore you and your problems. I told you that already."

In the end she held onto your arm back as you've been dragged away from the crowds and until you two found a bench to sit on. And immediately after she sat down and you unwantedly had to sit down as well, there's only silence between you two while the night breeze's dancing on your feet with your head dropped down, eyes remained fixed on the rubbly concrete.

"What's been bothering you Yongjae? You can tell me and no, I won't even judge you even for a second but instead... I'll listen to you." Danielle asked after a short silence between you and her. Instead of answering, you just heaved a sigh as you had your eyes closed with your head remained dropped.

"I can't just talk about it, there's too much going on inside my head right now." Your sigh was as clear as the tears that she saw running down your cheeks for a few seconds before you quickly wiped them away.

"It's about Hanni isn't it? I've noticed it too the past few weeks." She said before you glanced over at her. "What did you notice?" You asked while trying to remain calm with the mention of Hanni's name. "The silent treatment you've been giving her. How every time we ran into her in University, you'd just walk past her and the guy she's with... I noticed it too okay. I'm not a very observant person but I tend to notice things too."

"Even back at the café, you've been silent most the time, not even wanting to look back at the counter where Hanni was and you're trying hard to finish the work quickly. What happened between you two?" She asked rather calmly and you couldn't be annoyed with what she said as it's all true. "...I could've sworn that you and her are inseparable as I've been noticing since last semester."

"Let's just say that our lives are complicated as of now as well as my friendship with her." You answered as Danielle just remained silent while listening diligently. "...and right now it's really hard for me to stay close to her because.... because...." You heaved out a sigh as you shook your head.