Chapter 23

Earlier that day

Earlier that day

"One flat white please Hanni~" Chaeyoung told Hanni from the counter as Hanni just let out a light sigh. "Is it him again unnie?" She asked while getting the coffee machine ready as Chaeyoung just nodded her head.

Hanni prepared the drink as usual before bringing to the customer and she thought right. It's Jun again. "Here again?" She asked as she's putting the drink on the table. "...you do know; you've been here for ten days straight right?"

"I'm here for this flat white coffee. It's already my favourite. Why, you don't like seeing me every day?" Jun asked calmly as Hanni just shook her head. "Why would I be? Enjoy the coffee~"

"Hanni-ah..." Hanni was about to walk away as Jun called out to her. "Can we talk for a second?" He asked with a light smile.

"Okay..." Hanni sat down across of him, placing the small tray she's holding on the table. "...what is it?"

"Don't be surprise and I just want you to hear me out okay?" Jun raised his hands as Hanni just nodded her head, waiting for him to say what he wanted to say.

"How do you feel about going out with me?" Jun asked confidently as Hanni couldn't hide her widened eyes in shocked. "Excuse me?" She asked.

"Too direct huh...?" Jun chuckled to himself. "...I mean we've been talking to each other these past few days, I get to know you a bit better... and I've actually have taken an interest in you to be honest."

"Is that why you're here every day after knowing I work here?" Hanni asked as she squinted her eyes while Jun immediately shook his head. "Well not entirely. A part of it. Another part is that I really enjoyed this drink here and I kind of wanting to have it every day now..."

"So what do you say..." He asked, eyes never leave hers as Hanni immediately looked away as a certain someone immediately appeared in her mind.

You.

"This is too sudden Jun..." Hanni couldn't find any words to say. "I know, I understand. But you don't have to give an answer now..." Jun added.

"What do you mean?" Hanni asked in confusion. "For now, we can go out together. It's not necessarily a date, maybe we can grab some bite together or have a walk in the park. Whatever you want. But we'll do it for a month."

"A month? Why a month?" She asked. "A month to make a decision. I'm sure during the one-month period, we'll go out on dates multiple times and by the end of the month, we'll each give our decision if we want to continue what we have or just leave it at that."

"Aren't one of us going to be disappointed by the end of this?" Hanni whispered. "That's the idea of the one-month period. I promise I won't be disappointed if you decide not to continue. Sad, probably, but the mutual consents are enough."

"Are you being serious now Jun? This is not a prank right? You can't play with someone's feelings like this." Hanni asked as Jun just shook his head. "We can have our first outing tomorrow if you want?"