Chapter 35

Two Months Later

Two Months Later

How fast time's passing by as it's already been two months since you've departed for Australia. In these couple of months, life's been up and down for you, you're doing okay studying in your new university and you're trying hard to cope with the change of pace in terms of learning and language barrier as well.

There's always times where you're alone in your room, feeling a bit lonely despite living with Yongbok and couldn't help but realizing the void, an empty void inside your heart that's longing for home. You're feeling homesick at times and behind all of that, you're missing a particular voice.

The first month was too painful for you to go through and much more could be said about the second month right now. The memories, they're lingering around in your mind and no matter how much you've been trying to get those memories locked away, they're just too stubborn, like stains on a plain white shirt, they could fade with time but never truly disappear...

You thought you were just simply moving on, you believed that you could, you found the strength to let her go, finding strength to move on won't be that much of a difference but you're wrong. You're so wrong. You thought you could simply just patch up the wounds and the empty voids in your heart and carry on with your life as if nothing's changed but that's just not the case.

That's just not how it works...

Every night you've been fooled by your own mind, making you feel her presence as if Hanni's just next to you but she's not. In your dreams, you heard her laughter, you felt her warmth. It felt too real to the point where you're happy in those dreams with her yet came morning and your eyes woke up, everything fall apart, leaving you alone in the emptiness.

It's the emptiness that's killing you, it's the void that's clinging to your heart, the empty space in your heart that used to be filled by her presence. Every night the street lamps by the window were blurry through your tears it became a pain in the eyes. Every steps you took from day to day felt like you're walking through shards of glass. It hurts, the echoes of your memories with Hanni's haunting you, crumbling you down to pieces every time.

But every now and then... you somehow wondered if she's hurting the way you're hurting...

The second month, December, about to reach its end and right now, you and Yongbok decided to have a day of hanging out as tomorrow's new year and Yongbok wanted to celebrate new year's eve with you by the town. Yongbok continued to be observant throughout these couple of months.

Guessed the times he spent with Haerin influenced him to be just as observant as she is and by doing so, he sometimes noticed you've been crying in your room judging by the swollen eyes and the redness that stained the white of your eyes, he noticed that even in those smiles and laughs of yours, there's hidden sadness behind it.

Also it's no secret that Yongbok's been worrying if their friends back home would ask him anything about you leaving home for Australia as Yongbok already promised to keep it hidden from them so he kept it hidden from Minji, Haerin and Hanni the fact that you're currently living with him out of respect for your wish.