Chapter 52

The end season winter breeze was swooning around the air of a cold night in Korea as Minji, who dressed warmly, hands covered with mittens, head's covered with a warm beanie, was walking her way towards a certain destination

The end season winter breeze was swooning around the air of a cold night in Korea as Minji, who dressed warmly, hands covered with mittens, head's covered with a warm beanie, was walking her way towards a certain destination. Having zero worries about her ice cream shop for the night as her brother's taking care of it, Minji took her time until she finally reached her destination.

As her eyes were landed on the motel signboard hanging up at the wall, she waited at a spot right next to the entrance before in a couple of minutes, someone walked out of the door before noticing her. "Hey." Her eyes landed on Yang Jeongin, with his lips immediately curved into his usual smile the moment he saw her. "...did I took too long?"

"Well knowing you, even if you're late by a mere minute, you would still apologize for being too late." Minji had this teasing smirk of her face as Jeongin couldn't help but chuckling silently. "Sorry that I'm late." Jeongin went along with her as Minji couldn't hide her snicker. "No you're not late~" Somehow Minji's answer was the exact same reply she'd give him a few years back without her even realizing it.

"So where are we planning to eat dinner tonight? I have a couple of places in mind..." Jeongin asked her as he's trying to control his shaky breaths caused by the cold temperature. "Korean barbecue place or a pizza place right?" And yet again Minji was right as Jeongin could only nod his head. "You'll choose the first one aren't you?" Jeongin had his eyesbrows raised as knowing Minji, she would rather spend her dinner at the barbecue place.

"I sure am. Don't tell me the months you've spent in Japan has made you less attracted to Korean Barbecue Yang Jeongin..." Jeongin immediately shook his head at her remarks. "Doing that would be a sin, I'm not going to lie... Now that we settle the what then the next question is the where... Do you know a good place?" And Minji proudly nodded her head. "Yup and to our convenience, it's just a block away from here."

Although it's been almost two weeks since Jeongin returned back to Korea temporarily, Minji and Jeongin somehow still a bit awkward with each other and although it's clearly visible that both of them were trying hard not to but past memories between them still lingering around in the clouds. But since tonight was Jeongin's last night and he'll be going back to Japan tomorrow, Minji pushed everything aside and trying her best to have at least a good dinner with him. Even though deep in her heart, she's hurting knowing that the second chance she's been searching for was well and truly too farfetched for her to grasp.

"Then, shall we?" Nodded at him with a smile, Minji and Jeongin then walked forward, leaving the motel while walking side by side. As they're walking, Minji somehow noticed that Jeongin's been blowing onto the palm of his bare hands. "Here..." Jeongin heard her as he looked over at Minji who's holding out her hand to him. "...you really shoud get yourselves a pair of gloves or mittens, it's really cold nowadays."

"Y-yeah... yeah you're right..." Breathing out a long one, Jeongin gently held onto Minji's hand that's covered warmly by her mitten and the warmth eased off the coldness in his hand while Jeongin couldn't even look at their hands with his eyes remained looking at his front. "We're almost there..." Minji said as she could see the sign shined by neon light at the far end of her sight.