Chapter 4

As you went back into the clothes shop, you took a quick peek back at the entrance where you saw Hanni was walking away from there and soon disappeared from your vision

As you went back into the clothes shop, you took a quick peek back at the entrance where you saw Hanni was walking away from there and soon disappeared from your vision. Then you rushed over a few aisles before you arrived at the hoodies section.

Your eyes were scanning around as you're walking down the aisle before you saw a navy blue hoodie and grabbed onto it. After a few scans, you smiled lightly as you took the blue hoodie straight to check out.

As you walked out the entrance, you texted Hanni asking where she was. A few minutes passed and she didn't reply. You became a bit worried as time marched on then you went down the lower floor, looking around for her.

You brisk walked past stores and shops until you saw her standing at a spot by the end of the shop then relief washed over you. Immediately you approached her and realizing she seemed off, like she's been daydreaming.

"Hanni, hey are you okay?" You asked her but she didn't response so you waved your hand in front of her face. "Hello? Pham Hanni?" You called her again as she's beginning to come back to her sense.

"What... Oh, hey." She squinted her eyes for a moment before recognizing you. "You done?" She asked. "Yes, you okay by the way? I texted you but you didn't reply." You said as she's rubbing her eyes.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" She suddenly asked and you're confused a bit but nodded your head anyway. "Do you think I'm pretty?" She asked as your eyes widened in stunned by her question.

You remained silent for a short while as Hanni suddenly realized the question she asked you. "In these clothes..." She immediately said, trying not to sound panic as she pointed at the plastic bag she's carrying. "...do you think I'll look okay in these clothes because umm I'm afraid people will be judging me."

Your confused state took a short pause before you nodded in response. "Yeah, yeah you'll look good in those don't worry."

"Y-yeah you're right, I picked these so it'll be fine." Hanni chuckled slightly awkwardly. "Okay, shall we get ice cream now?" She smiled excitedly as you heaved a silent sigh before nodding with a snicker.

Hanni who had her smile back, happily heading to her favorite ice cream shop that happened to be in the same building as you just followed behind her.

As promised, you bought her the ice cream of her request while you got yourself a drink instead before the two of you sat down at the open food court, waiting for Hanni to enjoy her frozen treat.

"Maybe I should be sulking at you more often so that I can get ice cream every time." Hanni smirked playfully as she took a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth and squealing exaggeratingly. "Then I'll be poor in three months." You replied with a poker face but couldn't hold in your laughter from her squeal and face expression.

"Can't believe University starts in three days." Hanni heaved a light sigh in between her ice cream bites. "How do you like... handle the fear of not being able to adapt and blend in."