Chapter 33

Every seconds passing by, the more dreadful you felt as you sat down by the passenger's seat whilst your father's driving to a certain destination and eventually arrived

Every seconds passing by, the more dreadful you felt as you sat down by the passenger's seat whilst your father's driving to a certain destination and eventually arrived. You glanced over at the house through the window as you had to take a deep breath in.

"You sure you're okay?" You heard your father asking from your side as you nodded weakly. "Y-yeah... I'm okay." You looked at your old man with a weak smile before you got off the vehicle while holding something that's neatly gift-wrapped.

Gathering the strength, you walked over the familiar gate, the familiar driveway, looking over the familiar garden and back yard before you eventually reached the front door. As you hesitantly pressed on the door bell, your heart's been praying that the one who'll open the door will not be the one you've been avoiding to see today.

As soon as the door's opened, slight relief washed over you. "Yongjae? You're here early dear boy, Hanni's definitely still in bed right now..." Her mother seemed delighted to finally see you after weeks of you not visiting them and after everything that happened between you and Hanni.

"Do you want me to wake her up?" Her mother was about to walk away before you stopped her. "No, no please, just let her rest aunty. Actually I'm here to see you and uncle..." Upon saying that, the door widened opened as you saw her father had joined you two so you just bowed down respectfully.

"Been a long time since I've seen you boy. What's wrong? You're looking a bit tired. Haven't had enough sleep?" Hanni's father casually asked as if you're his own child and that always cheered you up. "Yeah, I got a little sleep last night but I'm okay."

"Actually, the reason I'm here so early in the morning today..." You breathed out as you handed the gift-wrapped item to Hanni's mother. "...I'm handing this over to you." You said as her mother was observing the item. "For Hanni is it?" She asked as you just nodded.

"Well you definitely can give this over to her yourself don't you boy? I'm sure you and Hanni will be spending her birthday night together later?" Her mother asked again calmly as you could only gulp. "That's just it aunty... I'm sorry but I can't."

"Why? What happened dear?" She asked as you're trying to contain the tears from falling again. "A lot of things had happened aunty. And right now, I'm afraid I can't give this to her directly."

After a short silence, you brushed off the tears. "I'll be going away for a while now aunty and I'm leaving as soon as the next hours." Obviously the news came as a bit of a surprise for Hanni's parents. "Did Hanni knows about this?"

"No, no she doesn't and I'm begging you two, please let it stay this way..." You bowed down as you clarified your wish to them. "...After all these years aunty all I've been wanting for is Hanni to be happy. And right now she already has someone that will do a better job at that than me."

"My only wish is..." You stood your body up. "...this item, this gift is a very precious thing for me and I only ask that you give it to her at a time she needs it the most. As a mother, I surely trust your instinct for the timing."