Chapter 30

"Danielle, let go of my arm

"Danielle, let go of my arm. He's crying and I need to be there with him." Hanni whispered rather sternly as she's trying to pull her arm out of Danielle's tight grip. "...you don't want to do this."

"Hanni, I'm sorry but I had to do this, just listen to me okay? Please just let him be for now." Danielle had to keep her voice down as Hanni just sighed. "I can't just let him be, something's bothering him and I want to know what it is."

"And you will. Sooner or later, you will and trust me when I say this, you have to prepare yourself for it when it comes." Danielle slowly loosening her grip on Hanni's arm as Hanni's expression clouded some confusion. "I-I don't understand. What you do you mean I have to prepare myself?"

"Come on. We'll just talk at the back." Gently Danielle held Hanni's hand as she guided Hanni to the back area before finding seats for them to sit on.

"He was okay since that night at the café, I swear I could feel that he's coming back into his old self. Everything's going back to the way it was since last few weeks but..." Hanni had to lower her head as she buried it in the palms of her hands, sighing endlessly. "...why am I hurting so much just by looking at him back then."

"He's probably feeling a bit emotional, he'd be like that some times. You know that right?" Danielle tried to lie, in hopes that Hanni's buying her reason. "...Yongjae's just a ball of emotional rollercoaster when it comes to these poetry talks. He takes it really seriously. Maybe his emotions got the best of him. That's all"

"No you don't understand Danielle. I know what Yongjae is as a person and that's more than just a poem he delivered. I felt like he's talking to me, I felt that letter was meant for me." Hanni couldn't let her eyes off the stage in front of them as the images of you on stage remained lingering in her mind.

"That's a question only he can answer I'm afraid. But can I be honest with you?" Danielle placed her palm on Hanni's knee as she looked over to curly haired woman. "...whatever is happening between you and Yongjae right now, it's affecting him. I feel like I should let that out of the bush."

"Ever since the start of this new semester, he's not the guy I know few months back. I know I've only known him for about three months and you know him way longer than I do, but even I can see that he's not the same Yongjae that I know, that we know." Danielle continued her reason as Hanni's just listening carefully.

"The obvious one, he doesn't write in his little notebook as of now. I've never seen him writing a single word in his usual book and that's worrying me for a little bit so I had no choice but to observe him and probably hoped that I can be of some sort of support for him as he's a friend of mine as well." Hanni was quiet surprised by that statement.

"Then you should probably know that he's been giving me a cold shoulder and silent treatments ever since the start of the new semester right?" Hanni asked and Danielle just nodded the truth. "...it's all my fault. I never should have agreed in the first place." Hanni whispered in actual regret of her decision regarding the whole one-month thing with Jun.