Chapter 3

"Now that you're going to University, what course are you taking?" Your mother asked you as you're sitting on the kitchen table with your parents

You told them about the result the day after you found out and they couldn't be more proud of you.

"Literature." You answered confidently. "...I know I'm going to enjoy it."

"Hanni? She got in too?" Your mother asked again as you just nodded. "Well that's good to hear. At least you have someone you know in campus." Your father added.

"Don't make it sound like I can't make friends dad come on." You said with your eyebrows raised. "Well we can count how many friends you have right now son; it doesn't even take a whole hand to count."

"I prefer quality friends over quantity. Friends that I can trust fully is better than friends who might stab you in the back don't it?" You told them your ideal type of friendship. "Now that's a motto worth holding onto. You thought him well"

"Alright, I got to go now, Hanni want me to fetch her from driving class then help her with shopping a bit so I might not be home for dinner." You fetched your car key as soon as you stood up. "At this point you two should just settle down and get married like seriously."

"Mom..." You stopped your steps. "...marriage? It's not the perfect time to think about married mom. I do like Hanni but it's not easy"

"Well just know that if it's not you who make the first move, someone else will. We just don't want you to live with regrets because Hanni's a great woman you know." You mother added. "If it's another woman we might just question you more but not Hanni. We know her since you two were younger."

"I know..." You heaved a silent sigh. "Got to go now. See you." You walked out your house and headed into your car.

You got the car on but suddenly stopped as your mind went back to what your mother just said a few minutes before.

Your mother's not wrong, yet you're not in the fault for having difficulties in confessing your feelings to your best friend.

The risk's there and your heart's not ready to handle if you messed up that risk.

You heaved another sigh before you drove off while trying not to think too much about it.