Chapter 12

"Thanks a lot for today guys, see you all next week, same time

"Thanks a lot for today guys, see you all next week, same time." You packed your things before checking your phone. You're scrolling your screen down and down and finally noticed Danielle's text she sent you.

She said she'll be waiting by the café that's familiar to you as it's near Minji's shop as well. "Alright, let's get this over with." You let out a sigh as you took your leave and got straight into your car and left the University.

Eventually, you made it to the café, got in and saw Danielle sitting by the window. "Sorry I'm late." You greeted her as she waved lightly at you before you sat down.

"I got you a latte." She slid over a cup of ice cold latte towards you. "You shouldn't have. Thanks." You immediately took light sips. "So what's up?"

"Well earlier today, you know how the club will be publishing poem books by the end of the year right? So today I was tasked to pick out poems from the poem writing booth..." She said as she's scrolling through her phone.

"...these are yours right?" Danielle handed her phone over to you as you looked at the screen displaying a photo of a paper. You looked closely at the writings and they were indeed yours. "Yes they are mine. Why?"

"How did you do it?" She asked as you lifted your eyebrow in confusion. "I don't follow? You mean?" You asked. "These words, the way the emotions flows through these words you wrote. The way they instantly catch me off guard."

"I went from smiling while reading the poem before you to shedding tears while reading yours. I'm sorry for asking but was everything you wrote on that paper to the one you said on that stage, happened to you?" Her tone masked the seriousness of her expression.

"Because..." She took a deep breath in. "...I wanted to write like you. I've been reading and hearing people's poems and now I want to make something from my own effort."

"Oh. I see..." You nodded. "...well firstly I do have to apologize because even if you ask me, I won't be able to give you a certain way because me writing poem does not derive from the pressure to write, if that make sense."

"I write because it's something I love doing. I am not pressured by other people to deliver nor do I feel obliged to treat it as a job for me. So if there's one advice I can give you..." You pause for a short time. "...you don't have to experience something in order for you to write about it."

"So what you're saying is..." She asked as you nodded. "The ones I wrote on that papers and the ones I said on that stage today. I made that all up. It didn't happen to me. It's all in here." You pointed your head before pointing down to your heart. "...and in here."

"So this girl in your poems, is she just part of the fiction?" She asked as your lips were shut as instantly, Hanni popped up inside your mind. You looked down at your cup of coffee. "Not necessarily." You answered.

"I will definitely be picking your poems for the upcoming book. I just have to. And thank you for that piece of advice. I completely understand." She smiled rather weak compared to her usual bright smile.