Chapter 34

The first thing that came back to Hanni was her sense of hearing as she could faintly hear muffled noises of people speaking and a distant sound of faint beeping sounds in the distance

The first thing that came back to Hanni was her sense of hearing as she could faintly hear muffled noises of people speaking and a distant sound of faint beeping sounds in the distance. Soon followed was a sharp pain in her head as she forced herself to open her eyes slowly.

She went from seeing pitch black behind her eyelids to her vision slightly blurred by the bright lights and array of other colours so she had to blink a couple of times as she's gaining her clear vision back. But the sharp headache she's feeling made it hard for her to keep focus and think properly.

As Hanni lowered her eyes slightly, she noticed the oxygen mask wrapped around her face as the plastic was fogging up each time she let out an exhale. Then her eyes travelled to her side as she saw her friends, Minji and Haerin, standing next to each other, talking and still haven't noticed her waking up.

Her head slowly moved to her other side and she saw another two persons and she had to blink away the slight blurriness in her eyes before noticing that her mother's there along with Yongjae's mother. Slowly the memories started to float back into her mind as she regained consciousness.

"You're awake!" Hanni could bet that Haerin's the one who would notice her first and she won that self bet. As everyone's standing over both her sides. Hanni could feel her mom's seemingly cold hand, caressing the side of her head. "I'm at the hospital am I?" Hanni muttered while glancing over at Minji and Haerin who's nodding their heads.

Shortly after, Yongjae's mother came back with a doctor as she immediately took the oxygen mask off Hanni because she's breathing well on her own now. After a few more checkings, Hanni seemed okay as she slowly sat up.

"Have you been feeling stressed out lately Miss Pham?" The doctor asked as she's standing next to Hanni and she could only nod her head weakly while looking down. "Was it school? Work? Daily commitments?" The doctor asked as Hanni's breathing out. "A lot of things actually doctor..."

"Have you been having a hard time breathing before Miss Pham? Or you've experienced a sudden feeling of panic after seeing or hearing things?" Hanni nodded again to the question as her mother's worry grew in every seconds. "For how long since this happened and how frequent?"

"Probably since last month and it happened to me not too frequently but when I'm in a sort of distress situation that's messing up my mind, then the panic usually comes shortly after." Hanni answered with honesty as both Minji and Haerin literally had zero idea that their friend's been suffering from it.

"Do you have any sort of post-traumatic experience before and do you have any trouble eating nowadays?" Hanni then shook her head. "I never experience any traumatic moments in my live and no I do eat rather well but nowadays I just get stressed out rather easily."

"I will take a look at your blood test for signs of hypothyroidism and if everything's fine then we can have a discussion on how to treat your anxieties since it's not been that long." The doctor then excused herself before Hanni's mother immediately wrapped her arms around her daughter.