Chapter 32

"W-what do you mean you love me

"W-what do you mean you love me...?" Hanni was lost for words as she still couldn't process everything's that happening. Everything's happening so fast with her emotions were all over the place. "...I don't understand."

Upon realizing that everything's too late and the truth had been spilled, you could only look away from her as you're swallowing the tears in that's been choking you in the throat. "Forget what I said. It's not true." You tried to sound nonchalant and unbothered but the ever inclining heartbeat in your chest made you feel otherwise. 

"No... No you're lying... I know what I heard..." Hanni closed the gap between you while your eyes remained away from her gaze. "Yongjae..." Hanni grabbed onto your arms as she turned you gently to face her. "...say it to me. Say it back. Why you didn't tell me...?" Her voice came as a longing whisper as you're breathing became shaky. "Hanni you shouldn't be doing this..." You forcedly unwantedly pushed her hands that's grabbing your arms slowly.

"You said you love me. On God I heard you loud and clear." Hanni trying to resist you pushing her hands by tightening her grips but failed in the end. "You don't have to believe that. That was a lie Hanni and you shouldn't be here..." You took a few steps back as the longer you're lingering there, the more you heart will force you to abandon everything and hug her.

"Why are you trying to push me away...?" She asked as she slowly calming herself down but she knew what you said, loud and clear she heard it. "...how long have you been suffering because of me." Hanni whispered, heart's too tired to even take a step towards you but she managed to. "...Yongjae, I want to tell you something too..." You saw her hand trying to reach out to you before you shook your head and took another step back.

"I can't have this conversation with you. I'm sorry. Please go..." You cried out as immediately you walked back to your house, not even daring to look back as Hanni was trying to stop you but somehow she felt too weak that she had to kneel down, leaning back against the door to her car.

Hanni could only covered her lips with her palm as the toll on her mind got the worst out of her, making her crying silently in regrets, guilt, feeling stupid at herself and instantly blaming everything on her. The burden's too heavy for her to bear. She had to gather enough strength, just enough for her to get into her car and unwantedly had to drive away from your house.

As you watched her car drove away from the curtains, your legs couldn't handle the weight of everything before you sat down to the floor, breathing remained shaky and it didn't take long before your parents walked in on you and quickly got you off the floor and sat you down on your bed.

"You told her didn't you?" Was your mother's question, serious yet ever so calm in her tone. "It's too late. Nothing will change even if I tell her everything..." You whispered. "...I just had to let it out or else I'm not going to have peace again."

"Not this way you will." Your father countered. "Pushing her away from your life will not be bringing you peace that you're looking for. Trying to betray the feelings you have for her won't give you the peace you wanted." You're too tired, your heart felt so weak, your eyes were sick of drowning tears yet you're crying again.