Chapter 26

It's the same thing for your last class before lunch, you're not really into the class from the start until finished

It's the same thing for your last class before lunch, you're not really into the class from the start until finished. Your ears were listening, you were looking at the lecturer's board, you were writing stuff, but you're not yourself.

"So a quick reminder to inform me the names in your group of two by texts no later than Wednesday. Class dismiss." You're packing your stuff as soon as the class had finished before the empty seat next to you was filled by Danielle in a few moments.

"Yongjae, do you want to pair up with me for this research report?" She whispered as you're getting the last of your belongings into your bag. "Me? Did Lee Seo already pair up with someone else?" You asked, trying not to sound lazy.

"Well not really I just thought... we're leaving next month and I was thinking if we pair up then I'll double my effort to finish this report before departing..." She gave you her reason and no matter how she spoke, she didn't sound pushy. And you'll probably feel guilty in the end anyway. "...I mean I'm not pushing you or anything. If you don't want to then it's fin-"

"No, no. I hear you Danielle." You interrupted her with your hands up. "Well your reason does make sense. Sure, let's pair up, save me some time finding a partner too." You gave her a light smile. "Thanks~ I'll text Miss Kim our names now." Danielle immediately got her phone and in a few seconds, you and Danielle paired up.

"Now that's behind us, where do you want to have lunch by the way?" Danielle asked as almost all the other students already left the room. "...If you're a bit tired then we can just drop by the cafeteria and have a chill lunch if you're okay with it."

Even though you're okay with the idea of that but in all honesty, you're probably not that okay as in your mind, the thoughts of running into Hanni's been haunting you since yesterday and the last thing you wanted to do was seeing her and maybe worse, seeing her with the guy she told you about.

But in your own dilemma, you don't want to hassle Danielle as well and she's been kind towards you the whole day so to show an uninterested manner towards her would definitely seem like a rude thing to do. "Sure, the cafeteria sounds good for the first day back." In the end you followed Danielle's plan. 

"It's only the first day and we already have two assignments..." Danielle let out a chuckle after a soft sigh just as you two exited the lecture theater. "We can focus on the report first if you want." You suggested as Danielle gave you a nod. "We can, probably tomorrow. Let's just take it easy today shall we?" 

"I have no objections to that Miss Marsh." Danielle snickered silently as you're now making your way towards the cafeteria, while Danielle's been talking next to you, at times you would lose focus as in your heart you've been praying. Praying that you won't run into Hanni at least for the rest of the day as you knew that you won't be able to cope seeing her let alone talking to her.

Every step you took down the stairs, your heart's beating faster and inclining, it's almost suffocating before you made it to the cafeteria. The plan was for you to keep your head down and your eyes remained straight as it is because wandering your eyes seems to be a habit that oddly you and Hanni share.