Chapter 20

"I thought when you said we're going out to have dinner, I was not expecting this

"I thought when you said we're going out to have dinner, I was not expecting this..." Yongbok said calmly with Haerin's walking next to him as she's carrying a basket in her hands. "You don't like picnic it seems?" She asked as Yongbok immediately shook his head.

"No, I love picnic. If you've told me earlier I could've..." Yongbok glanced down at his outfit. "...wore a comfier clothes rather than a full suit." He chuckled awkwardly as Haerin smiled slightly while looking at him from top to bottom.

"It was meant to be a surprise; I guess I should've told you to dress comfortably beforehand. I'm sorry." Haerin whispered as Yongbok just snickered. "No big deal. We're at Han river, the night's calm, the breeze is soothing, you're here... I'm happy already."

Night picnic's not a rare activity for people nowadays, especially at the park near the Han river. After a few minutes of walking and searching, the two finally found a perfect spot under a tree with shining light from the lamp post. As Haerin got the basket on her hand down, she took out a picnic rag from it.

"Here, I'll do it." Yongbok got the rag from her and laid it down perfectly on the grass. Taking her shoes off, Haerin settled herself down as she's getting the foods from the basket out, placing it on the middle. "You made this?" Yongbok asked as he's sitting down next to her.

"My mother did. I'm not really a good cook but I am learning." Haerin shyly replied as she's opening up the foods before getting their drinks sorted out. "Anything from here that you personally made?" Yongbok asked as the sight of the foods was mouth-watering.

"I actually made this kimbap myself but it's not a perfect wrap..." She got the small container with the kimbap she made. "...so I only put a little in it."

"Let's give this a try then..." Yongbok casually got a pair of chopsticks and immediately ate a piece. "It's a bit spicy... but it's good." He took another one in as he's humming while enjoying every chew. "Here, you have a bite." Yongbok casually picked up a piece of the kimbap as he held it in front of Haerin's mouth.

Haerin was thankful it's night time or else he would've noticed how flushing red her cheeks were at that moment. Nonetheless, though heart's beating fast, Haerin gladly took a bite of the food. As she's chewing, she slightly coughed as the spiciness hit her throat. "It is quiet spicy..."

Yongbok could only laughed softly at the cuteness of her before she also shared a laughter. "It's not even that funny... God I should've take it easy with the bell peppers." She whined in between her laughs. "But the more you eat it..." Yongbok immediately ate another piece. "...the easier it is to handle the spiciness and it's delicious as well."

"I'm glad you liked it." Haerin couldn't contain her wide smile as she's opening the rest of the containers filled with warm and certainly delicious homemade food just for the two of them to enjoy. And by that, their dinner date was filled with satisfying foods, complimented by the night soothing breeze.