Chapter 18

"You're up early

"You're up early..." As soon as Minji's opening her eyes from slumber, she immediately saw Hanni by the makeup table, drying her hair. "We're having breakfast first. Then we'll get on with our plans." She replied as she's combing her hair down while drying.

"Oh right... I forgot." Minji slowly sat up with her eyes closed and back resting against the headboard. "...where are you heading again?" She asked her friend who's getting light makeup on her face.

"Breakfast. Go-kart, lunch, Jeongbang waterfall then Camellia garden." Hanni answered as she's now getting her hair styled, fixing her bangs.

Minji who's been looking at Hanni's reflection from the mirror, slowly get off the bed and went over behind her friend. "Let's try something new today." Minji reached out for the comb in Hanni's hand as she gently combed Hanni's bangs to her side.

Hanni went from having bangs covering her forehead, to a woman with an elegant hair, parted perfectly in the middle, covering part of her shoulders with the ends of her silky dark hair. "Wait, I'm not done yet..." Minji got the hair tie wrapped on her wrist and tied a gentle portion of the back part of Hanni's hair into a high ponytail.

"Done~" She patted Hanni's shoulder as the satisfaction in Hanni's face was noticeable. "I never knew I would look decent without bangs."

"Decent? Girl you are gorgeous. Any hair style would suit you perfectly." Minji gave her cheeks a gentle pinch as she whined jokingly. "Have fun okay."

"Thanks. I'll see you tonight." Hanni then wore a blue denim jacket over her top before getting her backpack, sling it over her back and hurriedly made her way out from the room.

While in your room, you're sitting on your bed, all dressed up and ready. With your back against the headboard, you're just waiting for Hanni quietly.

"Have your heart decided?" Yongbok asked calmly from the other bed next to you, sitting in the same position as you. With a deep sigh out, you closed your eyes. "I haven't" You answered rather lethargically.

"Talk to me buddy. It's okay." Yongbok whispered. "I'm terrified that everything will change. We might end up from being best friends that might turn into strangers. The laughs we shared might turn into quiet moments. The way we look at each other might change..."

Heaving yet another sigh, you glanced over at Yongbok who's eyes remained on you the whole time. "...I'm terrified that if I share how I feel, everything good between us will fade away just like that. And eventually we become distant from one another, feeling cold towards each other..."

"I know... I don't expect you to come with a decision overnight. I'm sure Minji had said this at some point to you last night but... don't overthink too much okay? Make a decision you feel will be the best for both you and Hanni." Yongbok made you formed a light smile. "You two shared the same brain cells at times."