Chapter 2

You had a long deep sleep before eventually your eyes slowly opening as your heard noises of people talking, probably the news on the television

You had a long deep sleep before eventually your eyes slowly opening as your heard noises of people talking, probably the news on the television. You let out a low grunt as you sat up, eyes still felt heavy.

"Morning boy." You are greeted by Hanni's father who's sitting by the table who soon joined by his wife with cups of coffee. "Did you sleep well Yongjae?"

"Yeah I did..." You let out an embarrassed chuckle as you sat down next to Hanni's father after folding the blanket you used neatly. "...sorry I didn't get to tell you that I'm sleeping over."

"Oh nonsense boy, you're no stranger to us, just sleep over as much as you want." Her mother placed cups of coffee on the table. "Looks like Hanni's the late bloomer today. I'll go wake her up."

"How's your work experience boy? I heard it's your last day working yesterday." Her father asked as soon as her mother went upstairs. "It was good; I mean it's tiring of course but the experience was definitely worth it."

"Well University will just be another step in your life but it doesn't have to be the thing that's shaping your future. Make sure it's yourself who decides your own future." You gulped by how deep that quote is.

"Sir with all due respect, that is an amazing and deep saying and I will hold onto that." Your poetic soul was amazed. "...if only Hanni can tell me things like that on a regular basis." You joked as the two of you shared a laugh.

"Hanni took more of her mother's traits than mine." Her father said just as Hanni walked down the stairs with her mother. Her eyes were barely squinting as the sleepiness still visible in her face that it made you snickered silently.

Hanni casually sat down next to you, you looked over to her seemingly closing her eyes and went back to sleep. "Did you even sleep last night?" You whispered as she slowly opened her eyes. "Why did I even drink coffee last night..." She murmured as she closed her eyes again.

"You only have yourself to blame miss Pham." You teased as she just scrunched her nose before she lay her head on the table with her eyes remained closed.

"I'm going home now, where do you want to meet up later?" You asked as you nudged her arm slightly as she just replied with a 'huh'.

"Application result. Later. Where." You replied as Hanni realized. "Right... Minji's ice cream shop." She answered. "I'll be taking my leave first. Thank you for letting me stay the night."

"Oh you sure you're not staying for lunch dear boy?" Her mother asked. "Maybe next time, I appreciate it, thank you." You said as you stood. "Say hello to your parents for us Yongjae." Hanni's father said as you nodded before you left the house.

Hanni took a while to be fully awake, had a breakfast before getting ready

Hanni took a while to be fully awake, had a breakfast before getting ready. She took a nice warm shower and putting on a little makeup. After dressing herself with baggy sweatpants and oversize sweater, her phone rang.

"I'm almost done." She immediately said upon answering. "I'm already outside. Don't forget your laptop." You reminded her from the other side of the line. She took everything she needed and immediately brisk walked downstairs.

She told her parents that she's going out and immediately she went out the house and in no time got into the passenger's seat of your car. "Let's go~" She cheered as she fastening her seatbelt. "Someone's not nervous anymore." You whispered and then it hit her.

"Right..." Her smile turned into a pout. "...we're getting the results today." She heaved a light sigh as she leaned back against the seat. "Why the loss of smile so suddenly?" You asked.

"Aren't you nervous?" She asked. "I am nervous but we can't keep running away from it. Till when will it end if we keep on denying it." You replied calmly.

"Okay chill, you're nervous I'm nervous, it's not that poetic and deep okay?" She gave you a side eye before letting a light laugh to herself.

You snickered lightly as you drove away, taking your time to reach Minji's ice cream shop.

"Kim Minji we're here~" Hanni walked in with you as Minji welcomed you from behind the counter. "Someone's not nervous anymore." Minji said the exact same thing you said before while you could only laugh at another pouting Pham Hanni.

"You guys want waffles?" Minji asked as you and Hanni nodded as you're preparing your laptops and everything needed.

Minji came back with plates of waffles with ice cream on top before she sat down with the two of you. "The results are out yet?" Minji asked. "It should be out already, we just need to login on the website to get them." You answered while taking bites of the warm waffle twisted with the cold ice cream, creating the perfect combo.

"You don't have mint-chocolate ice cream right now?" Hanni asked Minji with a pout as she just shook her head. "My mom already ordered it but haven't been delivered yet." Minji clarified as she went back to the counter to serve customers.

You and Hanni happily finished your plates.

"Yo, Haerin got accepted." Hanni exclaimed as she's scrolling through her phone. "Really? Anyone else?" You asked and the nervousness began to kick in again. "Chan, Hyunjin, Hyein, Seungmin... Oh Han Jisung didn't apply for University it turns out."

"Well, let's get our results." You took a deep breath in as your registering your information on the official website. Hanni calmed herself down bit by bit as she's doing the same.

"I'm clicking it..." You said as Hanni just nodded before you two submitted your application and now a matter of waiting for the results to appear on the screen.

In mere seconds the results appear on the laptop's screen. Hanni read through the text and an immediate surge of relief washed over her.

"I got in..." She heaved before she immediately looked over to you on the other side. Your face was unreadable. "You okay?" She asked, obviously worried.

You slowly closed your laptop down. "I got in too" You heaved out a sigh in relief as excited smile plastered her face. "Yah Kim Minji, we're both going into Uni~" Hanni cheered as she went over to the counter, sharing a hug.

"I'm calling my parents." Hanni immediately got into a phone call with her parents and you just observing her from your seat. Her joyous reaction, her happy laughs and smiles, you'll never get tired seeing them.

She's smiling and expressing how happy she was in that phone call.

You wanted to keep that smile, that happy expression, that joyous emotion with Hanni for as long as you can and if you could be just a tiny bit of reason for that smile, you're happy with it.

But you could only hope someday you could be more to her. More than a friend. Someone who will take good care of her, be there in times when she needed the most, be her support and accepting her just the way she is.

And you of all people know how hard it'll be if you couldn't be that person for her or worse, endangering this already beautiful and amazing friendship you're having with her.

Thanks for reading, do leave a vote if you enjoyed it
Much love, much appreciated.
Peace!