Chapter 48

"I don't recall being born in June

"I don't recall being born in June..." Hanni squinted her eyes with a teasing expression on her face while her arms wrapped safely around your neck. "This is for last year and I know..." You pulled her closer as your body pressed gently against hers. "...I know you said that it's all in the past but I have my conscience. I know that I'll be feeling guilty from time to time if I let this slide."

"Aww baby..." Hanni had her palm on your cheek before caressing it gently. "...why am I so lucky to have you. And by the way this is one long overdue birthday celebration I have to say." You and her shared a chuckle before she pulled your head closer and gave you a deep meaningful kiss. "...but it doesn't make it any less special for me."

"What a journey we've been through huh?" You rested your forehead against hers as she nodded her head. "We're just getting started. The life we're building together holds no anger, no resentment, no deceit and no sadness. It's warm, it's cozy and it's whole..." Hanni won't take her eyes off yours as you're listening to her full of peace and affection.

"...we communicate with each other and talk through difficult conversations with patience and love, and we respect each other wholeheartedly. Thank you for showering me with love, thank you for showing me that I'm worthy of healthy love and thank you for showing me what true happiness is..." Hearing that, you warmly gave her a tight hug as she dived herself safely in your embrace, burying her face on your chest.

"When did you actually planned this?" She looked up to you with a smile. "About two weeks ago. Your parents and I formed an alliance about a week ago and it took me a while to get the perfect timing that is tonight."

"Is that why you've been asking me about my working schedules from time to time last weeks? I should've known you were up to something..." She pinched your cheek. "...and I guess the whole cousin's birthday celebration was made up as well..."

"Oh no, that's real, my cousin's celebrating also today but my parents are there so it's fine. And I have a bigger birthday celebration to celebrate." Your reply made her raised her eyebrows with a teasing smile. "You have your priorities sorted. I'm honoured"

"Wait till you see your cake." You replied as Hanni's expression plastered an excited one. "I want to see~ I want to see it~" She squealed excitedly like a child before her eyes reverted to the table and saw quite a big box for a cake. "That's too big of a box for a regular cake... what did you even bought me?" Hanni chuckled, still bewildered as you and her walked over to the table.

As soon as her eyes landed on the box, all that she could see from the see through top part of the box was pink. "You got me a pink cake~?" She asked excitedly as you're carefully taking out the cake from it's box and Hanni could only laugh in amazement.

"That is amazing! It's not a sponge cake is it? Looks like a mountain of custard donuts and macarons..." Hanni still couldn't contain her laughter by how massive the birthday cake was to the point that it was almost the same level as the top of her head once she sat down. "Goodness me..."