Chapter 43

Earlier before

Earlier before

Right after dinner, Yongbok brought along Haerin to sit down with his parents by the living room as he had something to discuss with them and Haerin being there hopefully could give him the calmness to talk.

Now that the family settled down with drinks and snacks on the table, Yongbok and Haerin looked at each other before she just nodded at him with a smile, reflecting that everything's going to be okay now that she's here with him.

"You okay Yongbok?" His mother asked his son calmly while his father just silently enjoying the snacks on the table. "...wait don't tell me? Are you two...?" Yongbok immediately raised his hands along with Haerin as well. "No- No no no mom we're not here to talk about that... Wait, you're talking about marriage isn't it?" Yongbok asked his mother back who just nodded calmly. "Okay then no, it's not about that. It's too early for that okay? Haerin's still studying as well..."

"Then what is it you wanted to talk about now?" His father then asked as Yongbok just gulped deeply before breathing out silently. "I want to talk about my future... about what I want to do for myself..." Yongbok found it hard to talk properly before Haerin gently got her hand on his, intertwining their fingers together under the table.

"...I want to talk about the things that I want to do. I know I've been saying I'm still figuring things out many times to you two before but actually, my mind's been made up long time ago..." Yongbok confessed to his parents. "...I just didn't have enough courage to tell you guys about it."

"Why would you feel that way Yongbok? You know that we will always hear you out and try to understand your needs and ideas right?" Yongbok's mother calm reply made his heart felt a bit at ease but still nervous at some point. "...so what's your decision? What do you plan on doing after this?"

"I want to do modelling..." Then Yongbok tightened the grip on Haerin's hand as she's caressing his hand gently with her other hand trying to ease him a little bit after confessing to his parents.

"Modelling? You mean like those people who walk back and forth in straight line with different fancy clothes or some sort?" Expected his father would be all disappointed and all that, his tone somehow sounded curious and a stint of excitement.

"Kind of, also the ones on those magazines front covers and all those people posing for brands and stuffs. I've been having interest on it ever since high school..." Yongbok explained more to his parents just as sound of footsteps were approaching their direction.

They were interrupted when you and Hanni walked by before you and her gave them a bow. "We're going out for a walk..." You told them before taking your leave. "Look at those two love birds... You should take Haerin out for a walk too sometimes okay?" Her mother turned her attention back to her son and Haerin who had this stint of blush on her cheeks as she's chuckling softly.