Chapter 50

December 2024

December 2024

It's winter season and the outside of your apartment was raining with falling snow that's covering every inch of the land below. After days of processing and internal things to be sorted out, you and Hanni finally rented your own apartment about a month ago. Both your parents and Hanni's already visited here before and they were more than thankful that you two found a perfect and safe home to live in together.

With you now also having a part time job while Hanni still remained as the barista by the café, taking care of rent became a shared responsibility and slowly but surely, you and Hanni were building a safe haven for the two of you.

The apartment's not perfect yet, but it's home for you and Hanni and the process will be worth it as the two of you believe. Today was your day off and after spending a couple of hours at the gym with Mingyu, you went home and got yourself showered warmly.

Then you took your time with drying out your hair which already grew longer around the mullet area as per Hanni's wish and to be honest, you're liking it as well. After you're done and glancing over at the clock, Hanni's going to be back in half an hour or so, then you went over to the kitchen slowly as you're body was feeling a bit sore from the gym earlier.

Getting to the fridge, you took out ingredients you needed to make dinner before taking them to the counter. After playing a music on your phone, you took your time, cutting and preparing the ingredients to cook before you got the pan heated up and oiled and efficiently began your cooking. 

Mixing the leftover rice and some kimchi and others, you pulled off the classic kimchi fried rice and in no time you heard the sound of the door's lock pad being pressed from the outside and the door swung opened. "Waaah~ I smell something delicious~" Hanni's voice echoed from the corridor as you just chuckled. "Welcome back~" You greeted her from the kitchen.

"I made fried rice~ You hungry?" You asked from the kitchen as Hanni walked over to the kitchen, still dressed warmly to handle to coldness outside. "I am starving..." She murmured as she got to the pan and immediately took a spoonful bite slowly as the food's still hot. "Ohh hot- hot- hot- mmnh~ As expected from your fried rice. Delicious~"

"At least take the mittens off first love..." You laughed lightly at her hands still covered with mittens as she took another bite before chuckling. "...I'll get it all prepared at the living room while you get changed, deal?" You stood over next to her before she pursed her lips at you, asking for a kiss "Kisseu~ Kisseu~" and you gave it to her affectionately.

"Hmm you taste like kimchi." You hummed and she just laughed it off as Hanni then went over to the bedroom to get change while you're preparing the dinner by the living room. "Do we still have enough food in the fridge?" Hanni's voice echoed as she eventually got into the living room.

"I think it's enough to last until the middle of the month." You answered as she sat down next to you. "Mommy told me that she'll be sending us some food in a few days so... I think we got December all covered up. But just in case, I'll be saving some more money." Hanni snickered as you got a plate full of the dinner you made.