Chapter 8

"Hey, you made it, thought you would never come for a second there

"Hey, you made it, thought you would never come for a second there." Danielle greeted you two. "You need to register if you want to join the club by the way. There's a table at the left corner there where you need to fill in a form."

"Right. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be back in a second okay?" You told Hanni as she nodded her head before you left the two girls behind.

"Hi~ We meet again." Danielle turned over to Hanni, shared a handshake with her. "I'm Danielle Marsh."

"Hanni Pham." She introduced herself with a smile. "You're here to join the club as well?" Danielle asked while Hanni just shook her head. "I'm just accompanying him for today. But I am interested to experience this club as a person who's not into literature."

"I see. That's good to hear. I've been in classes with Yongjae for a few days already and I can see why he's vey interested. When there's time, he would take-"

"Take out his little notebook and write stuffs down. Yup. That's Yongjae. Always will be." Hanni interrupted, proudly as Danielle nodded eagerly. "Yes, I wish I could read what he's written but I'm too shy to ask him."

"I've been with him for a long time and even I didn't get to see much of what he wrote in that little notebook of his." Hanni shrugged, lying knowing that she'd seen most of what you wrote every time you're with her.

"Well, nice seeing you again Hanni, see you when I see you." Danielle took her leave as Hanni just heaved out a silent sigh before she walked over to the same direction you left. Hanni walked past people as she saw you sitting by a table, writing.

She patiently waited by the side of books selling booth until you've finished before she waved her hands at your direction until you noticed her. "Sorry if I took too long." You said as you approached her before she nodded with a smile.

"You know what I'm really excited about, the poetic talks on stage." Hanni whispered to you as she pointed at some people on the stage in front of them, preparing for the talk. "You know what, I'm pleased that you're into this as well."

"Well it feels nice here, from someone who's not into literature, I feel welcomed. Shall we look at the books?" Hanni walked over to the tables of books being displayed, bought a book for you and herself.

After going over booths and watching people writing poems, you and Hanni settled at seats in front of the stage as the main event's starting soon.

"Welcome..." The club's president greeted the audience from the microphone stand. "...to the literature club. It is safe to say that we're pleased to have this number of audience on day one."

"Now the highlight of this literature club is that, we'll be doing what we like to call, poetic talks. This is a segment that the literature club will be looking forward every week." You listened diligently as Hanni was reading a book she bought, a compilation of poems written by students.