Chapter 9

"Is it okay if it's just you and me? Just like old times?" Hanni softly spoken as you're looking at her face

"Is it okay if it's just you and me? Just like old times?" Hanni softly spoken as you're looking at her face. In no time you understood what's behind that expression in her face.

"You have things to talk about right?" You asked as she nodded. "Yeah and among other things, it's been a while since we last watched a movie together."

"Sure. Let's do that." You nodded with a smile as Hanni helped you carried the foods as the two of you got back into your car.

"But please no horror movie alright, I couldn't stand it then, I can't stand it now." Hanni pressed her palms together as you smirked teasingly.

"Conjuring series it is then." You joked as Hanni just whined before you laughed slightly. "I'm serious, we have to overcome our fears someday miss Pham."

"That day can wait, not today, not tomorrow, not tomorrow's tomorrow" She continued to whine. "...I rather watch Dora for the whole night." And your laugh grew louder before you revved the engine on. "Just kidding, you're picking the movie anyways."

You drove out of the street market area and made your way back to your house. "It's been a while since I came here." Hanni was excited to see your house after so long.

You got into your house with Hanni followed behind you. "Mom~ Dad~ We have visitor." You called out to your parents while getting to the kitchen and your mother's there.

"Oh dear is that Hanni right there?" Your mom's eyes grew with excitement to see her. "Hi aunty~" Hanni went over immediately for a hug. "It's been a while, I missed you, aunty."

"I missed you too dear, you've grown pretty and healthy. You're crashing over or?" Your mom asked as Hanni just shook her head. "Just here to hang out with Yongjae, probably watch some movies you know just like old times."

"Well you make yourself home as usual. Gosh, look at those pretty face." Your mom gave Hanni's cheeks a few gentle pinches as she just giggled slightly.

After settling in, you immediately went to your television room that's already familiar for the two of you before getting the food ready by the table in front of the television.

"Do you need more plates or we're just eating it as it is?" Hanni asked as she came in from the kitchen with plates and cups.

"I think we're good." You said as you're getting the television ready along with the video player. Hanni immediately went over to the cabinet next to the television, going over your wide lists of movie DVDs.

"We're watching Harry Potter." Hanni showed you the DVD. "You always picked those before." You shook your head as she smirked. "And I always enjoy watching them every single time. You know how much I admire Hermione."

"Alright let's watch that." You gave in as you sat down by the table while she was getting the movie into the player before going back to sit next to you.