Chapter 21

After everything that happened between Minji and Jeongin was over, you stayed behind to help Minji in closing the shop

After everything that happened between Minji and Jeongin was over, you stayed behind to help Minji in closing the shop. "You know you can go home right Yongjae?" Mingyu said as he's by the sink doing the dishes while you're wiping the washed plates dry.

"I know. But I want to help you and Minji so we'll finish faster." You replied and Mingyu just smiled while nodding his head. "How's your other friend? Yongbok is it? I heard he's leaving soon."

"Yongbok's doing fine and yes he's leaving by early October" You answered as you finished your last plate. "How about the girl you're always with? Your girlfriend?" Mingyu asked another as you could only smile bitterly.

"Hanni's doing fine I guess. And no we're not dating." Mingyu heard your answer as he immediately turned around while you noticed him looking at you. "You think I don't know about you two?" Mingyu's tone was calm yet sent light shiver down your spine for no reason.

"Nah I'm joking, Minji told me. So what are you going to do about it?" He asked after a snicker as you could've sworn your hearts about to drop any second if he hadn't been joking. "Honestly hyung... I don't know. I wish I could just tell her how I really feel, every time we're together, there's just this voice inside of me hoping for something more."

"...I wish it wasn't this hard hyung, feeling this way and not knowing if she ever feel the same towards me. My feelings for her are fierce, whole and true but love..." You slowly lowered the plate you're holding after sighing. "...love sometimes is a sword that cuts both ways."

You're opening up to Mingyu was because of how you trusted him as much as you trusted Minji. Mingyu's a big guy, well-built and looked tough and strict from the outside but in your eyes, he's a soft caring big-brother like figure who you often looked up to in terms of the way he's taking care of the people he holds dearly.

"I understand. Moreover, you've just seen it right in front of your eyes of the things Minji had to go through just because it didn't go well between them." He went over to you, gave a few pats on your shoulder. "But don't be. What happened to Minji is a part of her story. It doesn't necessarily have to be in yours too."

"Be brave, don't torture yourself. Your heart doesn't deserve that. You're young, mistakes are bound to be made. Just make sure what you're going to do with your feelings is not going to be your biggest mistake. You hear me buddy?" Mingyu gave you a comforting words so deep that it actually calms you down.

It's like being a caring big brother is just a natural thing for him and you always appreciate that trait of Mingyu. That's why you always noticed the amount of love and affection Minji has towards her brother.

"That's some very meaningful words hyung, thanks. I will try to not make those mistakes." You nodded your head after sighing in relief. "And that's more than enough. But be mindful, time is not your greatest friend you hear me?" And again you could only nod before your mind suddenly remembered about Minji.