Chapter 27

The next day was not much better for Hanni, not only did she haven't seen you  throughout the whole day, the only reply Hanni got from asking Jun why he didn't answer his phone was him saying he had his phone on silent the whole night and only got...

The next day was not much better for Hanni, not only did she haven't seen you  throughout the whole day, the only reply Hanni got from asking Jun why he didn't answer his phone was him saying he had his phone on silent the whole night and only got to check it right after he finished his assignment.

Little did she know that Jun's just blatantly lying to her. He was never doing any assignments last night; he was out partying with his friends.

Last night was a torture for Hanni. Even if it's just a mild panic attack, Hanni who never experienced it her whole life, was suffering so much that she had to pace back and forth, catching her breath every few minutes while her head was being a mess.

"Are you okay, Pham Pham?" Haerin had to be the one to notice her friend's somehow downed mood throughout the whole day and right after their last class finished then Haerin immediately asked Hanni which Hanni just nodded quietly.

"Have you seen Yongjae today?" Hanni asked rather softly spoken and slightly weak in her tone as Haerin just shook her head. "I haven't actually. Are you two okay? Did you have a fight?" Haerin asked despite knowing what actually happened between the two of you.

With a light smile, Hanni just shook her head. "We're okay." Her whisper was trying so hard to remain calm despite the not genuine smile she had on her face.

"Do you think I made a mistake Haerin..." Hanni asked after a short silence as her friend just glanced over to her, feeling a bit confused. "...how did you know that Yongbok's the one for you?"

"I don't think I'm able to give you a concrete answer to that Pham Pham..." Haerin's being honest to her friend as Hanni could only nod slightly. "...but if you're asking me how I know... I think my only answer is I don't..." Haerin's answer only confused Hanni more.

"...at least not immediately. And I'm saying this is not based on the first few days of Yongbok being with me. Yongbok and I took months of getting to know each other more before eventually we decided that we wanted something more between us." Haerin's basing her love story for Hanni's sake. "And even the first day of us officially together, I didn't get to the conclusion that Yongbok's the one for me instantly. But that idea just grows day by day. It's the way I'm being treated by him, the way he talks to me, the way he'll always be there for me when I need him..."

"Always be there..." Hanni whispered to herself. "Above all, the way that Yongbok's not hiding anything from me and being honest with me are the ones that I appreciate most about him..." Haerin concluded her opinion. "...honest..." Hanni's mind immediately drifted away from what happened between her and Jun earlier that morning...

"I called you a couple of times last night but you didn't pick your phone up. Something happened?" Her tone was calm as ever but not her heart that's beating unevenly with the thought of that nightmare she experienced last night remained in her mind.

"Yeah about that..." Even Hanni could distinguish the uneasiness in Jun's tone. "...I- I left my phone in my bag. I've been doing my assignments all night and forgot that I had it on silent the whole night..." and as clear as the hesitation in his voice.