Chapter 38

As soon as Minji stood up and walked away from her laptop, Hanni was waiting at the other side of the desk

As soon as Minji stood up and walked away from her laptop, Hanni was waiting at the other side of the desk. "Hey... hey... look at me..." Minji whispered at Hanni who's trying to calm herself down by the breath in breath out steps she learnt.

"...it's going to be alright. You've been waiting for this right? Now's the only time and you have to make the most of it. Bring him back to us, to you..." Minji cupped her friend's cheeks gently as Hanni could only nod after breathing out a long one as her head's clouded with the last thing you asked Minji before...

"He asked about me... He..." Hanni was just about to burst herself into tears after her whisper but Minji being there gave her a reason not to break down as Minji's right. It's now or never. "Yes, you see? Yongjae's still thinking of you after all these months." Minji then wiped away the tears lumping on Hanni's eyes as she gave her a nod and a comforting smile.

Minji then went over to an angle that couldn't be capture by her laptop's camera lens but she could see her screen just fine. Seeing that you're somehow not looking at your screen and focusing on your work, Minji signaled Hanni to come over and took her place.

After another long exhale, Hanni quietly walked over to the front side of the desk as her eyes instantly locked at your top figure, focusing on your work without even glancing back at the screen until she safely seated down in front of the laptop. Nervous herself, Hanni's eyes couldn't gaze away from you who still haven't notice her.

She breathed out another long one until her heartbeat's calming down. "Hi Yongjae..." Hanni called out to your name in a softest tone she could express and instantly got a reaction from you. As your eyes gazed back on your screen, she could see how your eyes immediately went wide as you and Hanni shared an eye contact after such, such a long time.

"H-Hanni..." You on the other side of the screen couldn't muster any words as they remained stuck behind your throat. Hanni then gave you a light wave with her smile still intacted on her face. "Yes, Yongjae it's me... Hanni... your bestie."

As your breathing became shaky, you had to lower your laptop screen. "Yongjae please-" You could hear her voice, loud and clear as your hand stopped from closing the screen completely. "...I understand if you don't want to see me but can we at least talk for a bit? You don't have to look at me. As long as you can hear me then that's fine."

"Please..." You could hear her cried out, begging you and you had your face buried in your palms as you're breathing in and out to try and calm your inclining heartbeat while not even knowing what to feel, what to say and what to even do at that moment. Your head's suddenly became a messy wreck. "...I won't ask for anything else. I promise..."

All the guilt, all the pent up frustration caging your mind throughout these months, all the pent up emotions that you're trying to run away from. It's all coming back... It's all flooding back and it's all too painful...

"I'm sorry..." You heaved out what you've been wanting to say for a long time to her. "...Hanni I'm sorry..." No words, no other words seemed to be getting out from your lips as Hanni faintly heard your shaky breaths. "...I'm so sorry."