Chapter 49

"Everyone's here already? We're expecting anyone else?" Dokyeom, the literature club's president greeted the committee members as he entered the meeting room

"Everyone's here already? We're expecting anyone else?" Dokyeom, the literature club's president greeted the committee members as he entered the meeting room. "Nope? We're good to go?" He asked as he sat down at the president's spot by the table. "We're good to go." Jihoon, the vice president confirmed everyone's attendance.

Amongst the committee, you're among the group as well as a few new members and obviously Hanni's there as well, sitting next to you on her first outing with the club since she joined earlier this year. "Alrighty then~ Ladies and gentlemen, first of all, I would like to welcome a few new members of our club. Can the new members please stand up?"

So including Hanni, about five people then stood up from their seats. "So let us welcome... Minho, Seungcheol, Eunchae..." One by one, the mentioned names gave a wave to everyone in the room. "...Donghyuk and Hanni." And Hanni then also gave the rest of the committee members a wave with a light smile.

After a round of applause, Hanni and the new members then sat down as you gave her a teasing look and she just mouthed 'what~' to you, knowing that she's probably whining like usual before you just shook your head. "Okay now that we're done with the introductions... we'll head straight for the main discussion today."

"For the new members, every week we'll be assigning committee members at different sections within the hall and also within the office here..." Jihoon explained the way the club's running every week with every single one of the new members listening diligently. "...so usually we'll be allocating for you where you will be stationed on the actual day but if you feel like you want to try somewhere else, don't be shy to let us know and we'll see what we can do."

"Okay..." Dokyeom then took over as he had his paper ready and one by one he assigned each of the new members to a different area within the hall and the office. "...and the last one, Hanni Pham, you will be assigned to the poem writing booth with Danielle Marsh. Is that okay?" Dokyeom turned his attention to Hanni who nodded with a smile but seemed a bit hesitant.

"Actually Mr. President, I'm okay with the being stationed at the writing booth but... is it also possible for me to somehow get in the lineup for the poetry talk as well?" Hanni gave her an honest request and somehow you couldn't help but smile secretly. "Ohooy. Don't be smiling too wide Yongjae." Dokyeom somehow got the time to give you a tease as you just raised your hands with a chuckle.

"...sure thing Hanni. I'll keep that in mind later." Dokyeom granted Hanni's request. "...okay now that's behind us. Let us welcome back two of our committee members who just got back from a successful exchange programme in Australia, Danielle and Yongjae. Congratulations~" And the room was filled with claps for the two of you.

So the committee meeting continued for an hour or so, lots of things were being discussed for the club's further improvements in the future and the meeting was about to reach it's conclusion as Dokyeom and Jihoon went back to their seats. "And also now that everything's settles, now for the last and most important news for today. As of today, me and Jihoon will be officially stepping down from our role as the club's president and vice president as well as the other final year senior committees." Dokyeom said and it was predictable as the seniors' now in their last year of University and would be focusing on their final year.