Chapter 29

"I don't like the guy Minji

"I don't like the guy Minji." Mingyu's words came out disappointed as Minji just shushed her brother, signaling her to tone his voice down. "Don't say stuffs like that oppa, Yongjae's still outside you know..." Minji walked over to the door and peeked through the tiny window by the door.

She saw you, still seated with Yongbok and Haerin and seemingly talking along with them and she could see how you're trying hard to keep that light smile on your face as she knew that the last thing that you would want is for them to worry about you too much.

"Listen oppa..." She went back to her brother who's drying up the washed plates. "...I know that you and me wanted Yongjae and Hanni to be together, believe me I prayed on some nights just so the two will not drift away from each other..."

"...but at the end of the day, Hanni got together with someone else and we can't say stuffs like we don't like the guy, even though it's true. What would Hanni think if she knows that we dislike the guy." Minji whispered out her concern as her brother sighed silently.

"Did you see his face back then? He looked so uninterested just being here. I don't like his vibe Minji I'm sorry and I just hope that I was wrong about him because if I'm not... then I can't imagine what would happen to Hanni." Mingyu's point only made Minji's overthinking things more than it should.

"I know... I noticed it too. He spent most of his time on his phone rather than talking to her. While Hanni's being all excited while talking to him, he couldn't even match her energy let alone trying to make her feel appreciated for buying him ice cream." Minji made 'tch' sounds before sighing.

"Can I go out for a few moments... I don't think Yongjae's eaten anything yet..." Minji turned her focus to you and Mingyu just nodded his head. "Don't go out too late, I still need help with the money count later on."

Got her permission, Minji walked out and apparently, Yongbok and Haerin were about to leave as well. "Minji-ya we'll get going now. Haerin's got an early class tomorrow." Yongbok notified Minji who nodded her head with a smile. "See you soon then. Thanks for coming as well."

And as soon as the two left, you were about to take your leave as well before Minji sat you back down. "I'm craving street foods, want to accompany me getting some?" Minji asked calmly and that smile of hers would make you feel guilty if you somehow rejected her request.

In the end you just nodded your head and in no time, you found yourself walking along the familiar food market street of your neighborhood. While Minji's getting some foods that she wanted to eat, she couldn't help but noticing that you haven't even buy anything yet.

"Do you want to eat anything? Kimbap? Takoyaki? Tteokbokki?" Minji naming out foods without thinking things through before suddenly she realized she made a mistake by mentioning tteokbokki. "Oh my god, I am so sorry..."

"No it's okay." You tried to give her a smile but your head couldn't refrain itself from flooding itself with the thought of Hanni yet again just by the mention of her favourite food. "...I'm not actually hungry now so you just buy what you want. I'll keep you company."