Chapter 17

"I'm getting something for my parents, my brother and my grandma

"I'm getting something for my parents, my brother and my grandma..." Minji said as she's holding a polo t-shirt and a couple of blouses. "...what do you think my brother Mingyu would like?" She asked for your opinion while she's looking through some sweatpants.

"A couple of dumbbells maybe?" You squinted your eyes and earned an annoyed glare from your friend. "Seriously... he doesn't even used the dumbbells he has back home often and now you want me to add more?"

"Well in that case..." You closed your eyes, thinking for a bit. "...maybe a beanie? Mingyu hyung always wears a beanie when he's out of the house." You shrugged.

"Now that's more helpful. That's a great idea, I don't think he had change his beanie in years." Minji accepted your idea as she's getting herself to the headwear section while you followed silently behind.

While she's looking through some displayed beanies, you're just standing behind her, spacing out, hands in your pockets while your mind's wandering elsewhere.

"Hey can you help me pick one?" Minji asked without looking back at you and the amount of silence she got made her look back at you, standing still with a blank expression on your face. "Yah Lee Yongjae."

"W-what? You done?" You snapped back into reality as you looked at Minji with the looks of questioning you on her face. "You okay?" She asked as you just nodded. "...then which one do you think my brother would like?"

"The one with the Supreme logo on it?" You suggested as she picked the mentioned beanie.

"This one?" She showed you as you nodded before she wore it on her head. "How do I look?" She asked. "Just like your brother." You answered.

"Then I'll get this for him. I'll tell him that you picked this one for him." Minji hold onto the beanie. "I am honored." You replied and made her laughed slightly.

After getting her stuffs purchased, you and Minji made your way back to the car as you're sitting by the driver's seat in silent, waiting for the engine to warm up while looking out at the city light.

"You've been awfully silent this whole evening." Minji's voice echoed in the silent space as you looked at her with a confused look on your face.

"What?" was your only reply. "This is not like you, you've been spacing out while your mind's clearly somewhere else. Are you okay? What's going on?"

"You already know why Kim Minji." Your voice was calm but not your mind nor your heart as she could only sigh in defeat. "Yongbok got you to tell the truth didn't he?" She asked as you nodded.

"I have so much to ask you but I don't know where to start." You whispered weakly as you looked down to the steering wheel, feeling a bit lost.

"I'll help you with that. Yeah I've been in love with my best friend, once." Minji told you her secret and you looked at her, you could tell the bitterness in her light smile.