Chapter 11

Hanni and Haerin was just working on their group assignment by the corner of Minji's shop

Hanni and Haerin was just working on their group assignment by the corner of Minji's shop. After staring at her laptop screen for quite some time, Haerin gave her eyes a little break by looking away.

That's when she noticed a couple of people were standing in front of the counter but Minji's not there. "Hanni-ya do you know where's Minji? I think those customers' been there for a while already." Haerin asked, gaining Hanni's attention.

She looked over at the counter as one of them noticed Hanni. "Excuse me, do you know where's the lady behind the counter?"

"Kim Minji~" Hanni called out to her but she got no response and that made her and Haerin worried. "I'll go look at the back room, be right back." Hanni stood up as she went into the back room.

"Minji-ya, you're here?" Hanni called out her friend as she stepped in then she heard the sound of running water. She got over to the sink where Minji was there, washing her face apparently.

"You okay?" Hanni asked as she's approaching her while she saw Minji nodded from behind. She got over next to Minji who looked over to her before quickly reverted her face away from Hanni.

"I got some dust in my eyes. That's all" Minji trying to control her voice to sound calm. She gave her eyes another washes as Hanni definitely saw how red Minji's eyes were.

"Can you tell me why you're crying?" Hanni whispered calmly as Minji finally turned her face at Hanni. "...I know a pair of crying eyes when I see one."

"You've been keeping things from us, from me, ever since we first saw you cried your eyes out by the school's bathroom. I'm broken you know, seeing you like this from time to time." Hanni softly wiped  the growing tears on Minji's eyes.

Minji showed a weak smile as she closed her eyes before shaking her head. "I'm not ready yet. Let me hold onto it a little longer. When I'm ready, I'll let you know everything." Minji gave Hanni a hug, a comforting hug as Hanni's eyes teared up with the fact that Minji's the one who needed a comforting hug, yet she's giving her one instead.

"Please do okay." Hanni hugged Minji back, patting her back gently. "I'll help you at the counter for today." She said as Minji chuckled lightly. "Don't be silly, you have works to do. I should head back to the counter."

Minji had to leave Hanni behind first as she rushed back to the front counter, apologizing to the waiting customers before serving them.