Chapter 37

19th February 2024

19th February 2024

"Is that the last balloon?" Minji asked as she's tying a fully blown balloon in her hands with Haerin filling out another with air as she nodded her head. "This is the last one. Anything else we need Minji?" Haerin asked as she carefully handed the last balloon for Minji to tie it. "I think we're okay for now, I'll see what we can add tomorrow."

"Where's Hanni by the way?" Minji asked as Hanni's been missing ever since the two started getting the balloons ready. "I think Hanni's still in your room Minji... She's been thinking too much today..." Haerin said as Minji just let out a light sigh.

"I'll go check up on her, you just piled up this balloons in a plastic bag or something okay?  Thanks Haerin." Minji patted her shoulder as she made her way upstairs and got into her room where she saw Hanni's sitting by the couch, her knees curled up while she's hugging them with her expression visibly plastered with worries.

"Hey... What's wrong?" Minji closed the door gently before made her way to Hanni and sat down next to her. "...are you having another..." Minji asked in fear as Hanni just shook her head with a light smile. "I'm okay Minji. I just can't stop overthinking about what would happen if tomorrow's plan doesn't go well..."

"Hey..." Minji then went over and gave Hanni a hug as she let her knees down and let herself into Minji's warm embrace. "...everything's going to be okay. Have faith alright? You're not in this alone, me, Haerin and Yongbok are also with you and we will make sure to get this plan to work."

"So, I don't want you to think too much..." Minji caressing the side of Hanni's head to calm her down. "...and just get a good night sleep okay? Tomorrow's a big day for us." Hanni just nodded at her friend with a light smile. "Yeah... yeah you're right Minji. I'm actually tired of being like this anymore..."

"And you won't be anymore comes tomorrow. I promise you that if you couldn't bring him back, which I believe you can, then I'll get him back. That's something I'm willing to do for you, even if it cost me my friendship with Yongjae." Minji could only patted Hanni's back to give her more comfort as secretly she was worried as well, how could she not though...

On the other side, as usual when it's night time and you're all alone in your room, you're spacing out while sitting on your bed. But tonight's just... this night's just too painful for you knowing whatever's happening tomorrow would be much more worse than now.

You've been shrouded with guilt all night long, you couldn't bare to hide anything from Yongbok so you told them you won't be eating dinner with them just so him and his parents couldn't see the pathetic state that you're in.

"Cry... Go on just cry you useless guy..." You whispered to yourself as you're staring blankly at the wall in front of you with your tears continued to drop down your eyes, not even knowing when it would stop. "...you deserve what's coming tomorrow. You made her birthday the worse day in her life and now you expect tomorrow would be a good day? You deserve all this pain tomorrow Yongjae...."