Over..?

It was March of 2020.

Lili and Cole were in their own apartments since they had been separated for the last two months, but they really needed to decide what they had to do.

That's when Lili got his call.

On the phone:

Lili- H-Hey. (sniffles)

Cole- Hey Lil's, we need to talk...do you wanna come over tonight?

Lili- Sure. (tears)

Cole- Alright, I'll see you in a bit.

Off the phone:

Lili sighed as she put her phone down. She knew what the conversation was that was about to happen, it played in her head time and time again...but she knew she wasn't prepared for it. And part of her didn't want it even happening, but it had too.

She sat for a few minutes and thought about everything until she finally decided to get up and get ready for her night.

She showered and put on some light makeup before getting dressed. She put on jeans with a mint green top that fit her perfectly.

Lili's Outfit:

Once she was dressed and ready she grabbed her purse and car keys before getting her car and driving to Cole's apartment

She arrived after a few minutes since they weren't far from each other but as soon as she saw the building she didn't want to get out of her car.

Eventually she did and walked up to Cole's apartment.

She knocked on the door and Cole opened it almost instantly, but it was awkward. They didn't hug, they didn't kiss; they barely even looked at each other.

They walked to the kitchen and began to talk, but not about the main subject. They decided to leave that off until after they ate.

The two enjoyed a nice dinner together but soon it came to an end and they needed to begin the conversation that they were both delaying.

Cole- Lili, tonight has been great but we really need to talk about...us.

Lili- I know. (quietly)

Cole- Do you wanna sit on the couch?

Lili- Sure.

They made their way over to the couch and they both sat opposite each other. Cole was looking at Lili, wanting to start the conversation but she was just looking down at her hands not wanting to say anything.

He took her hand and caressed them lightly, making her look up at him. Instantly he saw the tears that were beginning to roll down her cheeks.

Cole- Lil's, you know so much is going on right now, we're both working a lot and we just haven't been like we used to...we haven't had time for each other.