She was his medicine

Cole and Lili were laying in bed together about to go to sleep.

Lili was holding Cole tightly as a few tears escaped his eyes, she knew how scared he was to go to sleep, but he needed to.

For the last few months Cole had been having the worst nightmares.

Everynight once he would fall asleep he would end up in the worst dream of his life, but to him they all felt real.

Lili would always wake up to Cole sweating and crying, she would try to wake him up and get him out of the nightmare, but there was nothing she could do...no matter how hard she tried.

Cole- Lili, I don't want to go to sleep. (tears)

Lili- I know you don't love, but I promise none of it's real, and I'm right here.

Cole- (nods) Can you stay in my arms...it makes me feel better? (softly)

Lili- Babe, you don't even need to ask that question.

He chuckled and pulled her further on top of him allowing her to kiss him softly before wrapping her arms back around him tightly.

Lili- I'm not going anywhere, I'm staying right here.

He nodded once more before they were both asleep holding each other.

--

The two of them had slept for a while, Lili laying on top of Cole, but suddenly he began moving around slightly making Lili wake up.

She moved off of him and began to run her fingers through his hair trying to keep him calm, but then she heard him whimper.

Lili- Cole, shh, it's okay I'm here.

The next thing she knew she was sweating and crying. Lili was trying to calm him down, trying to get him to wake up but nothing ever worked.

Cole- No no no! (cries)

Lili- Cole, baby, please! (tears)

Cole- Don't hurt her! (sobs)

Lili- Please wake up! (tears)

Cole- Lili! (sobs)

Lili was shocked. He had never said her name during one of his nightmares before.

Lili- I-I'm right here! I'm right here! (cries)

Cole- N-No! (sobs)

His breathing quickened as he continued to cry...but then his eyes opened and he instantly wrapped his arms around Lili's waist.

Cole- L-Lili... (cries)

Lili- Shh, I'm here, I'm here. (sniffles)

He pulled her into his lap, allowing her to straddle him while he kept his arms around her waist and his head on her chest.

Cole- Y-You were gone. (cries)

Lili- Shh, I was here the whole time, I promise. (tears)

Cole- Don't leave me. (cries)

Lili- Baby, I never could.

He nodded but continued to hold her tightly being too scared to let her go.

~A few hours later~

The two of them had barely slept but now they had to go to work.

Cole was holding onto Lili's hand tightly the whole drive and then once they arrived on set he wrapped his arms around her stomach tightly.