Awkward Circumstances Pt 2

~7 Months Later~

Lili was passed out in her bed, finally getting some well needed rest after being up with her baby all night. But after only getting two hours of sleep, she heard her baby girl begin to cry again.

She jumped up from her bed and pulled her 3 week old daughter out of the crib that was next to her bed before laying back down and rocking her baby.

Lili- Shh, please go back to sleep Naomi, please. (tears)

The infant continued to cry uncontrollably while the young mother tried to calm her daughter down, but when she could no longer handle it she grabbed her phone from her nightstand and called Cole.

The two of them were together all the time while Lili was carrying their baby, and they occasionally had an "on again, off again" fling, but because of the awkward circumstances, they never moved back in together.

On the phone:

Cole- Hello? (sleepily)

Lili- Cole! I need your help! She won't stop crying! Please- (cries)

Cole- Lil's, hun, you need to calm down. I'm getting up, I'll be over in a few minutes, just try to relax.

Lili- Please hurry. (cries)

Cole- I will, just lay down and try to relax.

Off the phone:

Lili tried to stay calm, but with her baby screaming at the top of her lungs, and her not knowing what to do, she really couldn't stop herself from crying. But as soon as Cole arrived he ran into her bedroom and sat next to them on the bed before pulling his shirt off and letting his daughter lay on his chest.

She quieted down instantly before falling back to sleep, but then Lili just sighed and curled into the bed.

Lili- I-I'm sorry for waking you...I've just been up with her all night and I'm so tired. I just didn't know what to do anymore.

Cole- It's okay babe, I'm here. Why don't you just rest for a bit and I can make sure Naomi is okay?

Lili nodded, her eyes barely being able to stay open, then she laid under her covers and dozed off. But she felt Cole plant a kiss on her head before she had fully fallen asleep.

~

Lili and Cole were laying in the hospital bed, holding their daughter for the first time, and they were both mesmerised by her.

She was a beautiful little thing that they had made out of their love for each other...but sadly that love had changed, leaving them both heartbroken.

Cole- Lil's, I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I'm not sure what you want to do but...do you maybe want to live together? So we can help each other with Naomi.

Lili- (sighs) I don't think that's a good idea. (tears)

Cole- W-What? Why not? (softly)

Lili- A few weeks ago you told me you wanted to take a break from us, and I know moving in together will be for her but it will hurt me knowing that I can't be with you. (tears)

Cole- Lili...

Lili- N-No, it's fine, I just need space so I can get over you. (tears)

Cole- I-I don't want you to get over me- (tears)

Lili- If you don't want us to be together then I think I have to. (tears)