I'll be there for you

After a long day at work, Cole was finally about to go to bed.

He had been working from 5:00 AM until 10:00 PM and he was exhausted. Even though he got to spend most of the day with his beautiful girlfriend, he was still extremely tired.

He got into bed and placed his phone down on his nightstand, but suddenly, someone knocked on the door to his apartment.

Cole- Jesus Christ.

He sighed and got up, making his way to the door before opening it, but no one was there.

Cole- Hello?

He stood there for a moment.

Cole- Seriously, this isn't funny.

That's when he heard a soft cry.

He looked down at the ground and saw a baby in front of his door, wrapped in a blanket.

Cole- What the fuck?

He picked up the small child and looked around for another moment, but when he didn't see anyone, he looked back at the baby.

Then he saw the small piece of paper tucked into the blanket with the baby.

Cole,
I've been trying to take care of her for months now, but I just can't do it anymore. She's a lot of work and I'm with someone now who has finally made me happy, and there's just no room for her in my life. Her name is Emma Grace Sprouse, and her birthday is January 12 2017. I know this is unexpected, and I really tried to make it work, but it's too much for me. Do whatever you want with her, I know you might not want this either. Good luck.
Piper

Cole- W-What? (softly)

Cole was in shock.

After a few minutes of him standing there, staring at his child, he made his way back inside and sat down on the couch, with Emma in his arms.

She stared up at him for a moment, but then she began to rub her eyes and within minutes she was asleep.

Cole continued to hold her...but he had no idea what to do. He had never really taken care of a child before, and even though she was sleeping, he had no idea how to take care of her.

So he did the first thing that came to his mind.

On the phone:

Lili- Hey, you told me you were going to bed, are you okay?

Cole- Y-Yeah, I'm fine...I just need some help. Can you come over?

Lili- Of course. I'll be there as soon as I can.

Cole- Thanks, Lil's. I love you.

Lili- I love you too...are you sure you're okay?

Cole- Yes, I'm sure. I'll see you in a few minutes.