It will always hurt

It was April 25, 2020.

Covid had already started, but that's not what Lili and Cole's minds were on.

The two of them were laying in their bed, Cole's arms wrapped around Lili, with one of his hands rubbing her three months pregnant belly. It was still small, but it was there.

Lili- Cole, that tickles. (giggles softly)

Cole- I know, I'm sorry, I just have to keep my hands on my baby...he or she needs to be happy.

Lili rolled her eyes with a giggle before kissing his lips softly.

Lili- Okay, okay...well, if you really want to keep your baby happy, you should make me some food. (smiles)

Cole smirked and stood up, making Lili clap.

Cole- What would you like, sweetheart?

Lili- Chocolate Chip Pancakes!!

Cole- Babe, it's 8 PM.

Lili- Hey! We want what we want!

Cole- (chuckles) Okay, okay...I'll be back shortly.

Lili smiled and nodded before grabbing her phone and scrolling on instagram and her other social media accounts.

But after a few minutes she started feeling some cramping in her lower abdomen.

She placed one of her hands on her stomach, rubbing her hand over her bump lightly, but it was only getting worse.

Lili- C-Cole! I need you! (groans)

Cole- Coming!

Cole walked in with a tray of pancakes and water, but as he saw the tears beginning to form in his girlfriend's eyes, he quickly
dropped the tray onto the side table and ran over to his girlfriend.

Cole- What is it, baby? What's wrong?

Lili- M-My stomach hurts. (cries)

Cole- Shh, it's okay, it's okay. Do you want to go to the bathroom?

Lili nodded and took the hand that Cole was offering to help her up, then they walked slowly into the bathroom.

Cole helped his girlfriend pull down her pants and sit on the toilet, but as she started cramping more, she gripped his hands tightly.

Lili- Something doesn't feel right. (cries)

Cole- Should we go to the hospital?

Lili shrugged, but suddenly all she saw was red.

Lili- C-Cole...I'm bleeding. (cries)

He stopped in his tracks, seeing the fear in her eyes before he jumped up and helped her pull her pants back up.

Cole- O-Okay, we're going to the hospital, now!

Lili nodded before letting out a loud sob, but Cole held onto her the whole way to the hospital, reminding her that he was with her the whole time.

But as they arrived at the hospital, and taken to a room, Lili had lost almost all hope that her baby was alive.

She had changed into a hospital gown and was faced with the amount of blood that was all over her pants and underwear.