Not going anywhere

Lili was sleeping peacefully in her queen sized bed when suddenly her little boy pulled himself up to her.

He climbed up on the bed and crawled into his mothers arms.

He did this most mornings. Though he would never wake Lili, he just wanted to lay with her.

But after a few minutes Lili opened her eyes and smiled at her beautiful four year old son.

Luke- Hi mommy.

Lili- Hey sweetheart.

He continued to rest his head on her chest, just listening to her heartbeat until he leaned up and sat on his mother's stomach.

Luke- Mommy, can we go see daddy today?

Lili- U-Um yeah. C-Can you go get dressed for me so I can get us some breakfast?

The little boy nodded before running off to his room.

Then Lili sighed as a tear rolled down her face.

~Flashback~

Lili and Cole were driving home from the date that they had just had, and it was amazing.

Cole took Lili to her favourite restaurant and they just talked for hours.

Now they were in the car, singing and listening to one of their favourite songs.

"I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow
Your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass
Listening to our favourite song-"

But as they sang, Lili looked up and saw a truck coming at them at full speed.

Lili- Cole! The Truck!

But it was too late.

He had turned the car slightly allowing the truck to only hit him and not Lili.

They spun and rolled down a ditch, the car landing upside down.

Lili was awake, trying to talk to Cole, needing to know if he was okay, but he never responded to her.

After a few minutes an ambulance had arrived and got them both to the hospital.

But Cole never woke up.

~End of Flashback~

Cole is luckily alive, but has been in a coma since that day.

He didn't get to help Lili through her pregnancy, he didn't get to see his child being born and he didn't even know they were going to be having a child.

And maybe he never will.

Luke knows that his father isn't awake, though he doesn't know the story of why.

Lili refuses to tell him, mainly because she doesn't want him to get scared.

But he asks to see him all the time.

Lili wiped her tears off her cheeks and got herself dressed before walking downstairs to the kitchen.

She made some breakfast for the two of them but once she was done she noticed that Luke hadn't walked down yet.