Here with me

Cole was finally home for the first time in three weeks, and a lot had happened that he didn't know about.

As soon as he walked in the door he was greeted by Milo, but he didn't see his wife or daughter.

Cole- Lili? Harper?

Lili- We're upstairs, give us a minute!

He was confused because they'd always be downstairs, waiting for him to arrive, but after a moment, all of his thoughts went away when he saw his wife.

Cole- Hey. (smiles)

Lili- (sighs) Hey.

She went over and kissed him, but he could tell by the way she spoke and by her touch that something was wrong.

Cole- Lil's...

Lili- Huh?

Cole- What's wrong?

Lili- Nothing I j-

Cole- Is Harper okay?

Lili- S-She's fine she's just not feeling well. (softly)

Cole- (nods) Should I go check on her?

Lili- Not right now, I think she just needs some space. Why don't we watch a movie though?! We haven't had a movie night in forever. (smiles)

Cole- (nods) I'd love to.

The two of them smiled and laid on the couch together, Lili in Cole's arms, then they picked a movie.

They watched for a little bit but suddenly Harper screamed.

Harper- M-Mom! (cries)

Lili- I'm coming sweetie! I'll be right back.

Cole- What's going on?! Should I come with you?!

Lili- N-Not yet, just...stay here.

Lili bolted upstairs into her daughter's room, but as soon as she saw Harper's tears, her heart broke again.

Lili- Shh, shh, I'm here. (tears)

Harper- M-Make it s-stop! Please! (cries)

Lili got in bed with her daughter and just began to hold her as tightly as possible.

Lili- I wish I could, baby. (tears)

~The Next Night~

Harper hadn't come out of her room and Cole was really concerned, but Lili was doing her best to distract him. Finally it got to the point where he couldn't wait anymore, he needed to talk to her.

Lili was trying to stop him but he walked into Harper's room before she could.

And she was just laying in her bed, crying into her pillow.

Cole- Harper..?

She looked up at him and instantly rolled her eyes while wiping her tears away.

Harper- What? Now you care about me? (sniffles)

Cole- Babe, what are you talking about?

She looked up to her mom and saw the apologetic look on her face, then she just looked down while Cole sat next to her and placed his hand on her leg.

But instantly she slapped his hand away.

Harper- Get your hands off me! (cries)

Cole- Harper, what's going on?

Harper- Leave me alone! I don't want you here! (cries)

Cole- Baby, you need to talk to me! I'm not leaving until you do!