The Most Unproductive Afternoon Ever

“Jesus Christ, so this really is your place, huh?” Wade stared in awe at his surroundings after they walked into the mansion. Peter rolled his eyes to himself, knowing that this was exactly what was going to happening. “Yep, I tried to tell you that but you didn’t believe me.” Wade scoffed, “Well, you didn’t actually expect me to believe…” Wade’s sentence faded as he found something else interesting to look at. Peter did see how Wade could easily not believe him, in fact, he probably wouldn't have believed himself either. “Just, just don’t touch anything okay? We really should get started on-”

“So where is everybody? All the Avengers!” Wade cut Peter off as he came close to him and Peter backed away slightly, “They’re all on missions this weekend so it’s just me. But my dads don’t know that Thor and Clint left on another mission so basically if they found out that we’re here by ourselves my dad would have a stroke or something.” Wade was so interested that Peter felt a bit awkward and didn’t know what to say other than they should start working on their project.

Nearly an hour later, Wade seemed to be finished exploring the parts of the mansion Peter let him into while following him around. He showed him different rooms and places that weren’t off limits- those were the ones that Jarvis had locked. “Are you done now? I’ve shown you around.” Peter sighed, bored. Wade nodded and leaned up against Peter, “But what about the cool secret underground stuff?” Peter pretended to act like he didn’t have a clue, “Wade, there isn’t any underground secret rooms like people at school say, those are just rumors.” He knew that underground the mansion not only were the training rooms, but different volts holding top secret files on Shield or other big secrets or the world. Even Peter wasn’t supposed to know about them but living in a mansion surrounded by many people, one learns to eavesdrop quite a bit. Wade rolled his eyes, “Fine.” he extended the vowel on the ‘e’ and breathed a dramatic sigh, “I still can’t believe this. It’s just so awesome. I mean, I never would’ve expected you to be the son of Captain America and Iron Man! I can’t believe that-”

“Wade!” Peter interrupted Wade, getting the general idea, “I know. But you can’t tell anyone. I swear, if you ever tell another living soul, even your parents, that I’m the son of them and that I live here, I will kill you.” Peter had gotten more serious while Wade watched him and understood, “Sheesh, you could’ve just said it nicely.” Peter shook his head and passed by Wade, heading to his room. Wade followed and still looked around at everything, even if there wasn’t much to look at. “If I had said it any nicer, then you wouldn’t have gotten the message clearly. I’m serious Wade, this is the biggest secret anyone could ever have.” They turned down another hallway and Wade shrugged, “Well, I’m not sure if it’s the biggest secret anyone could have.” Peter turned to him and frowned, “Well you know what I mean. It’s the biggest secret I have, okay?” Wade raised his eyebrows and nodded, “Yes, Peter. I understand. I won’t ever tell another living breathing soul.” Peter stopped suddenly and Wade bumped into him, “This is my room.” Peter said to Wade as he opened the door and they both walked in.

“Wow, it’s a bit messy, don’t you think?” Wade went right over to Peter’s bed and threw himself on it, laying on his back. Peter ignored Wade’s comment, knowing that Wade’s room probably wasn’t much better. “Okay, so here is all the supplies. I got it all ready last night.” Peter said, looking at everything that was laid out. Wade sat up, “Okay, so what do we start with?” he asked as he watched Peter as he started to grabbed some clay from a bucket. “I would say we should probably start with making the actual cell first and then all the little things that go inside.” Peter suggested as he held a large amount of clay in his hands. Wade nodded and got up off of Peter’s bed. “Where is the requirement sheet for the cell?” Peter gestured towards his desk of papers while he started warming the clay in his hands. “This doesn’t even look hard. We could get it done in like a day, why’d she give us a month for this project.” Wade held the sheet of requirements for the cell in his hand and then set it down, grabbing some clay for himself. They both were playing with the clay in their hands. Peter looked at Wade, “She probably gave us this much time because she knew people like you would wait until last minute to do it anyway. But good thing you have me for a partner.” Peter couldn’t help but smile at Wade’s reaction. “Shut up.” he smiled and when Peter wasn’t looking, he took a small piece of clay and threw it at him, hitting him in the back of the neck.